National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Do you still have any martini parts left? I need a finger lever and firing pin for a model 12.
Sorry, I sold my last extra finger lever. I sent you a PM. I have several strikers/firing pins.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't have a finger lever or breech block in the part box. I do have a complete Cadet action and two barrels. The barrels are .17 Ackley and .32 Winchester special. The ..32 Winchester is a rechambered mil/spec barrel. The Ackley is a commercial. I have just finished my 12 and 13th Cadet and Martini Henry rifle. I don't want to start a new one. If you are interested in this rig pm me.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
31,882 Posts
Be patient, North will probably roll in here later today.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Do you still have a center fire breech block?
Sorry, the only breech block I have left is the rim fire International Parker Hale. After my recent move I am not real sure where it is hiding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a bushel basket of hard to find Cadet parts. If you are trying to save one and need parts let me know. This picture shows the new purchase. I have work for two of the three receivers. I also have a box full of the strikers not pictured. I recently paid $185. for a center fire breech block. Then turned around and found this bunch with three center and one rimfire breech blocks. Ain't that always the way things work out?
View attachment 41114
i am in the market for a cadet center fire breech block and trigger

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I recently moved from Missouri to south Texas. My shop is still in boxes out in my sons barn. I am not sure I have a breech blocks or triggers left. They go pretty fast when the are finally found in a box. Be patient my friend, rescuing old guns is a waiting game.
I'll look and get back to you if I find any parts.
Roy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a bushel basket of hard to find Cadet parts. If you are trying to save one and need parts let me know. This picture shows the new purchase. I have work for two of the three receivers. I also have a box full of the strikers not pictured. I recently paid $185. for a center fire breech block. Then turned around and found this bunch with three center and one rimfire breech blocks. Ain't that always the way things work out?
View attachment 41114
Hello,
I am trying to purchase a martini henry action body and am wondering if you still have one for sale.
Thanks,
Declan

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hello,
I am trying to purchase a martini henry action body and am wondering if you still have one for sale.
Thanks,
Declan
I only have a couple of pins and strikers left. Sorry, keep an eye on GUN BROKER AND GUN AUCTION. The parts run hot and cold. The price never seems to go down on the Cadet or Martini parts.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I would love to get some sort of martini rifle someday but i know very little about them. I would want a shooter and know many sold aren't safe to shoot which is why I'm hesitant.
What are they not safe to shoot? Admittedly They like the 'War Baby .30 carbine, were designed to shoot a hot pistol load bullet. I have built a couple of DOZEN to date everything from .17/.221 Fireball Mk IV to .32Win Special. The only limitation I have found is the short ramp leading to the chamber, and the difficulty making a rimless extractor. This unsafe to shoot sounds like another damascus shotgun barrel fable.
The little Cadets are still averaging in the $600.-$800. class for shooters. The 'Virgin' unaltered full military are going a mite higher depending on condition. As always I use Guns International as my retail price guide. There are currently several, all shooters, on auction @ Gun Broker. I am planning to make another .32Win Spl. & 32./40 Winchester two barrel set If I win the the one I am bidding on. Brain Dead Sniffles Biden's communist Regime is paying for this one. Give Gun Broker a look.
This picture was taken several years ago on a play day at the range. The Martini Henry on the Bi-pod is a .219 Donaldson Wasp, Cadet back row .17/.221 Fireball, second row is my .218Mashburn it has the picture frame stock & foreend, laying in front with the plaited leather strap is my .25/20 Winch, in the front row is my only rim fire Cadet a Warne built Sportco Club Master .22 LR. There are half a dozen or so not pictured that I made while living on the ranch in Missouri. Those are .357 Rem. Mag, .17 Ackley hornet, .256 Win mag, .32/20 Win. NOT A BUTCHERED CHAMBER, it shoots 8mm (.321") cast pistol bullets, and a Virgin Military.

All of these are Aussie Cadet actioned rifles. The Martini Henrys that were recently found in the middle east are very questionable as far as safety is concerned. You need to stick with the ones with the verifiable ROYAL CREST on the right side to the receiver. Check ALL of the Proof marks before you buy. Both the .50/70 Government rifles that I built were made from Martini Henry Mk IV actions. This one is mine, that rascal grand son of mine got the other .50/70.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Yeah i don't care what kind or caliber as long as it's something i can reload or buy for. I even seen where some were made into shotguns. I just would like one that i could buy and shoot, not build. I don't have the skills for anything like that. I just love the way the action works and I'm intrigued by it. I do love lever actions guns so....
This one popped up a day or so ago on GunBroker Item #893376223. It is not the one I am bidding on, but it is the same caliber. The little 3 groove rifling seems to make a really good cast bullet shooter like the old 2 groove Springfield '03.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hello,
Thanks,
Declan
My dear DIL unearthed a big tub full o parts from my recent move. I have two Martini Henry semi-complete actions. All the major parts are present and accounted for. One of the actions is barreled up in an original .577/450. If you are still interested I will send you PM with a stack of photos.

I had forgotten I bought these several years ago, then got sidetracked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dear DIL unearthed a big tub full o parts from my recent move. I have two Martini Henry semi-complete actions. All the major parts are present and accounted for. One of the actions is barreled up in an original .577/450. If you are still interested I will send you PM with a stack of photos.

Yes I am still looking for an action. Could I see some pictures of the action you have? Thanks

·
AZHerper
6,139 Posts

If you don't mind me saying it, it's absolutely refreshing for me to read your posts. I love the things that you build and write about and the "cut of your jib" and writing style are absolutely nonpariel. The fact that there are still "old school" traditionalists and patriots around keep me going even though I'm 85.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thank you for the kudos. I worked from the time I was nine years old until I was sixty-two. At 62 I said enough is enough. Now I only do what I want, when I want, how I want. I don't owe anybody anything. Might say I am a bit independent.

Now the Martini Henry actions I have are in pretty good shape. both actions are assembled from parts. The receivers were completely stripped when I bought them. So any thing you, or I do to them will not degrade their value as a shooter. I need to get some pictures taken an emailed to you. I am as slow as the seven year itch.
Roy

21 - 40 of 50 Posts