National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lawton, Oklahoma

Walmart, Quanah Parker Trail Road

gasoline, $1.63/gallon and falling. Hand sanitizer is back at the front door. Store closes early, about 8:30 PM. No 24-hour operation these days. There are now signs in the TP aisle telling people to limit one package. Still, all the TP is gone. I have 12 rolls left at home. I have to buy lean ground beef in those little 1-pound packages at $5.49 each. All the large money-saving 5-pound packages of hamburger are hogged up. You see, the stuff remaining in stock tends to more expensive. Poorer people are hit by this the hardest. The only cold cereal left was generic bran flakes and that's OK because I eat those to maintain my aging bowels. All the (cheap) Hunt's spaghetti sauce in cans was gone. I had to buy two jars of generic pasta sauce at nearby Target at $1.39 each as those were the last two in stock. My plan is to dilute the pasta sauce in jars with water to make more. One part water, two parts sauce. Target is my backup store. Neither Target nor Walmart have any fresh eggs. I can't understand the egg hoarding because these are perishable and non-freezable. All the generic frozen breakfast sandwiches in Wally-World were gone so I had to buy the more expensive Jimmy Dean ones because that's all there was left. I have to get my breakfast eggs by microwave sandwiches. All the frozen chicken breasts were gone. Thankfully there was plenty of milk and Crystal Geyser mountain spring water in gallon jugs in stock. There were no fresh potatoes in produce so I had to but the last bag of frozen generic tater-tots in stock. There was plenty of frozen beef liver in stock though I like calf liver better. I bought the beef liver and a package of generic bacon to take the gamey taste off it. The store was all out of my favorite brand pancake mix: Hungry Jack. I had to grab the last box of Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix left. Same price as Hungry. Gladly there was plenty of generic parmesan cheese at Wally's. I grabbed the last two bags of generic egg noodles left on the shelf. All the spaghetti was gone except vermicelli. There was still plenty of elbow macaroni on the shelves. I'm glad gas prices are down at least because people have to make more frequent trips to the stores these days just so see if stuff is back on the shelves or comply with limits.

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
Life on the frontier........I suppose.

Meanwhile, here in the civilized territory, I found nothing really in short supply. Hope it stays like that, and I think the Trump admin is going to have to let the economy pretty much run itself without any real hard Big Brother enforcement.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Meanwhile, here in the civilized territory, I found nothing really in short supply. Hope it stays like that, and I think the Trump admin is going to have to let the economy pretty much run itself without any real hard Big Brother enforcement.
I have been hearing about a Trump coronavirus stimulus check proposal. I have also heard that the summer heat coming up will eventually kill off the virus. I have sent emails to President Trump, my US lawmakers and my state lawmakers as well suggesting that a govt.mandate rationing of groceries might be prudent. I still have to write Gov. Stitt of OK. His site rejected my email transmission for some reason.

·
Banned
142 Posts

+1

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about that Trump virus stimulus check? The Democrats largely voted it down, I hear. Are they trying to use this virus as a weapon against Trump for this coming November? They tried the impeachment attack and that didn't work.

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Im donating my stimulus check. Some to the SPCA and some to a seniors charity.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
They are voting it down because they want more to go to the workers and less to the companies.
Great so you will get a check your company will go belly up.
Then when crisis is over you will not have a job to go back to. BRILLIANT.
Trump is right to attack it fro all sides. Medical, workers and the business community.
Pelosi and Schumer just doing what they do best. Obstruct and take advantage of a crisis.
I hope they are the ones left without a job in November.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
DemocRats don’t want to understand that you have to make sure that there’s a job for people when we get through this. Then again they want everyone to survive off of the government and give up all control to them. It’s good to help people but you can’t look at help just for the immediate needs but their needs after all of this and keeping businesses running will be key.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine will go to low-income older Veterans with disabling conditions.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts

if/when this check happens......most likely i will donate it to the gun shop in exchange for a benelli m4..........always wanted one of those.

i love the idea of the govt furnishing me money to buy a gun...........and as i view this free money as a pipe dream....then i might as well use it for my dream gun.

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
".......... as i view this free money.........."

It is NOT FREE. It comes at a "COST". The only good I see is that it will go into the economy. The "DEBT" will remain to be paid.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Publix here in FL opened from 7am - 8am this morning and a friend went down, there was a line all the way around the building and someone coming out told her not to bother waiting because there was nothing left.
If people would just stop hording there most likely wouldn't be any problem at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts