National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
6,726 Posts
the reporter sure liked to use the word "victim" and "boy"..........

· Registered
4,404 Posts
I don't believe it was determined who exactly was the bad guy. There was an argument. Three guys got shot -- in the leg. I hear people tell me they would shoot people in the leg. What's with this leg shooting business?

You're upsetting me. You are harassing me and arguing with me. I want you to stop but I don't really want to kill you you're just upsetting me not threatening my life enough for me to try and kill you. I think I'll just shoot you in the leg. Take that, and that, and that, There now go away and leave me alone.

· Registered
22,062 Posts
I also believe in "shooting to hit" in order to end the conflict or get away from it. It will be chance if fatalities result. After all, it's a handgun.

The guy was "3-for-3", pretty good shooting, and regardless of any keyboard bravado we can generate, he has a clear conscience in not having "killed" the "perps", whether he meant to or not.

· Registered
6,726 Posts
must have not been a glock......they all tend to group high for me.........;)

Reactions: RayL

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,179 Posts
and regardless of any keyboard bravado we can generate, he has a clear conscience in not having "killed" the "perps", whether he meant to or not.
You're absolutely right but unfortunately he is financially ruined as he'll be in litigation over this for years to come.

· Registered
8,670 Posts
A 24-year-old man who shot three teenagers on a SEPTA bus Thursday is a University of Pennsylvania security guard, Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner said Friday. No charges have been filed, and the investigation is ongoing, Krasner said.

Authorities have video of the shooting, about 1 a.m. Thursday on a Route 58 bus in Northeast Philadelphia, and a video-recorded statement that the man gave to police, Krasner said. It will take time to determine whether charges should be filed, he said during an online news conference.

· Registered
4,756 Posts
When is considered that this happened in Philly, I fell bad for the concealed carrier, it make no difference that he supposedly used his weapon in self defense, the State of Philadelphia has to make a sample of him and will persecute this guy to the hilt unless is proven that he fire in self defense, and, they still will make his life miserable.

Reactions: fixitfred

· Registered
585 Posts
Man with concealed carry permit shoots 3 teens on SEPTA bus in Northeast Philadelphia

Typical MSN reporting! Notice:

Investigators said the three teens approached a 24-year-old man who was sitting in the back of the bus. For some reason, they got into a physical altercation, and during that time police said the victim ended up shooting each of the teens.

For police to refer to the man sitting in back of bus as the "victim",
Seems there would have to be a witness or video that confirmed the assault.
If MSN wanted to report falsely they would have purposely left out these details.

· Registered
4,404 Posts
MARTA buses here have the entire interior covered with cameras and audio.

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,179 Posts
When is considered that this happened in Philly, I fell bad for the concealed carrier, it make no difference that he supposedly used his weapon in self defense, the State of Philadelphia has to make a sample of him and will persecute this guy to the hilt unless is proven that he fire in self defense, and, they still will make his life miserable.
This happened in Northeast Philly not the city proper. NE Philly while technically considered Philadelphia is a suburb of the city. It a suburban neighborhood.
The shooter will likely walk away (no pun intended) without issue.

Now had this happened in downtown Philly. I would 100% agree with you.

· Registered
8,670 Posts
Seems though.
"Stop the threat" If you discharge your firearm into the ground or even show it to them.
They have a whole other circus to drag you through.

· Registered
4,404 Posts
Are you sure they all work? Many systems installed what looks to be a camera in a cheap attempt to discourage crime. But don't have any real camera functions
I can never guarantee that they all are working but I do know generally yes all 11 cameras are working. The buses don't go out without a working camera system. There is also a monitor behind the driver that shows 4 of the cameras. The trains have 12 cameras per car and the stations have thousands of cameras.

It shouldn't be a surprise to know that you are recorded almost everywhere you go. Don't be surprised if you are recorded if you visited me whether or not I'm at home. As cheap as they are everyone should have a dashcam in their car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.