National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to go back to the range and what can I say, This XD 45 Tactical is so bad ass. I makes me fell good when other guys at the range stop to watch me shoot and when I stop to reload some mags they ask what am I shooting. I had a guy shooting a Block in a 45ACP using WWB and his was all over the paper. I offered to let him shoot mine but he refused( probably afraid he would like it to much). He asked how long have I been shooting the 45 and I told him that it was my first 45 and only have about 400 rounds through it. I was using the Blaser Brass I been stocking up on at Wally-World. I'm now thinking about getting a 45 for carry. I guess the compact with the 4" barrel shoots almost as good as the 5" tactical. Now just to decide on which to get first my 1911 or another XD45.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you want a high quality .45 in a small package consider the H&K Compact. My #1 son got one last christmas and it shoots like a dream.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Yes, sonyman, the 4" service XD45 shoots just as good as the XD45 Tactical. I have both & like the heck out of them. :-B-:

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Now just to decide on which to get first my 1911 or another XD45.
I think you should see what kind of an offer your dealer can make and go for them both. Just me, but I am greedy as hell when it comes to Colt or S.A.

·
Registered
338 Posts
sonyman74 said:
Got a chance to go back to the range and what can I say, This XD 45 Tactical is so bad ass. I makes me fell good when other guys at the range stop to watch me shoot and when I stop to reload some mags they ask what am I shooting. I had a guy shooting a Block in a 45ACP using WWB and his was all over the paper. I offered to let him shoot mine but he refused( probably afraid he would like it to much). He asked how long have I been shooting the 45 and I told him that it was my first 45 and only have about 400 rounds through it. I was using the Blaser Brass I been stocking up on at Wally-World. I'm now thinking about getting a 45 for carry. I guess the compact with the 4" barrel shoots almost as good as the 5" tactical. Now just to decide on which to get first my 1911 or another XD45.
I would recommend getting the XD that makes a 4" service pistol or a 4" compact. It would be perfect.
:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I vot for 1911, Rock Island Tactical, in particular. Proper first 1911 with bells and whistles already onit, unbeatable CS (you wont need it), and untouchable price for anything close to it in that segment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tyler1171 said:
I vot for 1911, Rock Island Tactical, in particular. Proper first 1911 with bells and whistles already onit, unbeatable CS (you wont need it), and untouchable price for anything close to it in that segment.
+1

I have all but one (new FA Match) of the RIA models. They are the best bang for the buck out there!

·
Registered
338 Posts
sonyman74 said:

The best, most reliable, trouble free gun would be the XD.....and you get more quality for the dollar.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had a 4" XD ACP. But about 2,500 rounds through it and fell out of love. It just got to the point that it didn't feel good in my hand. Didn't help any that I bought a TRP.

Ended up selling it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts