1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Aim true !
10,030 Posts
I often wondered if photo radar systems could error. Now i know it can. In a big way too!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Those cameras had been proven several times that they are not as accurate as their manufacturers claim.

·
Jesus Saves
7,797 Posts
When I was a teenager I was driving in Chicago. It was late at night and I was doing 40 in a 30 zone. Suddenly I see the blue flashing lights and pulled over. The officer came up to the car and told me I was speeding and asked for the usual stuff. I gave it to him and asked him if I could see the radar. He smiled and said, I don't have radar, I have an official speedometer. I looked at him stunned and he said come here and I'll show you. We walk over to the sqad car and he points to his speedometer and in lighted lettering it says "Official Speedometer". I was speechless and he told me to go sit in my car. He came back and handed me a ticket and said slow down. He also chuckled and told me to go to court and everything would be ok. I went to court and he was there, testifying for his tickets. When they called my name, he walked out of the courtroom. Case dismissed.

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
That's nothin', I had a '71 Ford Pinto, could do 500, that's what I saw just before I spun out and wrapped it around a telephone pole. The beer, pot, and demerol had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Long time ago, I new this individual who had this car that looked that was about to fall apart, but, the car , under the hood, had a racing engine, high performance transmission and also racing tires, the car looked really bad, but all was fake.
He would go at over a 100 on the expressways and, when police stopped him, he would tell the police the following:
"Officer, I think you got the wrong car, Do you really think this piece of junk can do 100? The officer would take a second look and would say: I guess I have confuse you with another car, sorry to stop you."
According to my friend, this trick worked every time.

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
My first car got a speeding ticket before i had my license. I bought a car and dad put it on the road so i could learn, 77 Plymouth fury ex police car. Several car loads of us went to the drive-in one night and my buddy who had a license was driving my car. The driver(tom) was this super honest kid. Of course most of us were drinking and someone had some hash and that was Tom's first time. After we left the other two cars started racing so i told Tom to get them, we passed them both easily and then the red lights appeared. He pulls two of us over. He asked tom do you know how fast you were going, he said no, the speedo stops at 120mph. Then he asked if he was drinking and he said no. Cop walked away and Tom says it's a good thing he didnt ask if i was smoking hash. It was a hand over the face moment. Cop gave both drivers a break and wrote them for a 69 in a 55

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ford's marketing teams could have a lot of fun with this one.

NASCAR could get in on it too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts