National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it work and is it legal in all states? I have recently scheduled a training class for home protection with a firearm and the trainer (LEO) recommended this ammo. Any thoughts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baldy said:
Well I would think the Leo would know I mean he puts his tail on the line everyday with it. :-B-:
Yeah i plan on asking him when i take my course about whether or not there are any states that dont allow it. I do like the idea that it isnt suppose to go through an interior wall.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,672 Posts
I seriously doubt that MagSafe ammunition is any department's issue ammunition. It tends to not penetrate very deeply but leaves awful surface wounds.

The only time I use it is at the shop. We share a wall on one side with a chinese restaurant and on the other side with a dentist's office. It would bother me to ruin someone's meal and a trip to the dentist is harrowing enough without having to duck bullets.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
MagSafe ammo has a good rep. for rapid bleed out. As Popeye said, and from all that I've read about it over the years - it penetrates 6 to 8" and leaves a real mess in it's wake as it fragments. I imagine the immediate pain associated with that much tissue disruption will be a distracting influence on the target.
It is PRICEY - usually almost $2.00 per round - 8 packs cost between $14 and $17. Projectile weights are fairly low for caliber, but velocities are very HIGH for caliber and the resulting kinetic energy at close range is what causes the mess in soft tissue. Most penetration of substrate tests that I've seen, clearly show that standard gypsum/drywall board will cause it to fragment with minimal, low velocity penetration to the other side of one 1/2" sheet and only damage to the inner of the 2nd. I carry it in small caliber (.32 H&R Mag, .32 ACP and .380 ACP) hideout guns in the warmer weather - can't trust it to sufficiently penetrate heavy clothing to produce an incapacitating wound.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Is that what the Federal Air Marshall's carry as their duty ammo?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts