National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will give you what I know. It doesn't have the recoil that it's little brother does.
The 91/59.
Watch the top hand guard, they tend to slip forward when fired. You may have to shim it a little and/or put a small pin in front of the band.
A lot of MN's tend to have a hard safty to engauge. I use a leather glove on my 91/59, but haven't fired the 91/30 enough to have to use the safty. It is harder than the /59.
You may also find they have a wide range of bore dia. some fire a 308 with good results and some go as high as 314/16. My 91/59 gets a 4 inch grp at 100 yds with iron sights and 200 gr 312 wolf ammo.
You shouldn't have any trouble with milsurp or factory ammo, but if you are reloading I'd advise to slug the bore.
When firing the milsurp ammo in my /59 I had some go in the paper sideways.
it was 309 dia.
bout all I can think of right now.
just me :---

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry. my wife has the digital camera in her purse, i had to use my phone. as you can see, the rifle is like 4 ft long and it's hard to get a decent picture of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh! one other thing I forgot. If you have trouble with it feeding right, put the cartridge's in so each rim is in front of the one underneath.
It has what is called an "interupter" that flips the cartridge up onto the loading tray and if it isn't working or doesn't have one it will not feed if the rims are not placed one in front of the one under it. :--- just me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts