National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Comrades! I recently purchased a M57 Tokarev, and it’s in pretty damn good shape, all things considered. It’s a fairly cheap pistol, ammo isn’t breaking the bank, I love it. But my main question is about the patina on it. If you hold the gun in a certain light, it has a very light patina on the slide. I personally kind of like the way it looks. But I’m also newer into handguns, and I was curious as to what are y’alls opinions on it? Should I leave it alone? I thought about getting it blued, but I like the patina. I’m kind of stuck in the middle. Any non smartass feedback would be appreciated!

· Registered
6,726 Posts
well.....on an old gun i would just call it "character"......and if you like it then all is well especially if it will be a working gun in steady use...i think it would make a dandy truck pistol.

and nowadays, i honestly don't know just how good at a reasonable price one could get a professional bluing.....

my experience with cold blue has been just touch-up jobs and one 22 barrel....while it worked it will never match the quality of a hot blue......

Reactions: BallisticBill

· Registered
17,556 Posts
I have one of those and if you hold it just right in the light the bluing has a very slight gold- ish appearance. Is that what you mean?

Reactions: BallisticBill

· Banned
129 Posts
well.....on an old gun i would just call it "character"......and if you like it then all is well especially if it will be a working gun in steady use...i think it would make a dandy truck pistol.

and nowadays, i honestly don't know just how good at a reasonable price one could get a professional bluing.....

my experience with cold blue has been just touch-up jobs and one 22 barrel....while it worked it will never match the quality of a hot blue......
+1

· Registered
1,831 Posts
White Box Winchester Double tap level 3 body armor well results are Impressive, if surplus ammo can be found only one round penetrates body armor. Nice Find I got a Vietnam 1966 Chinese Tokarev.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.