National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Genius in Training
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Cabela's recently and I see they are selling Mosin M91/30s for $400. That pretty well takes me out of the market for a new one buts its nice to know that mine is worth almost double what I paid for it.

On the other hand, I have no idea what my M44 is worth. I don't see them in stores and gun broker was pretty inconclusive. It is in great shape and I believe that the numbers are matching. I would appreciate any general estimates as to what it's worth.

· Premium Member
9,928 Posts
It’s not exactly a “collectors “ piece so it worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I would think that if it’s as nice as you say it’s worth more than you paid for it. I’m sure there’s a bunker in the Soviet or Soviet bloc countries with a few thousand more that are being held back till it’s worth it or worth the paper work to release them for sale.

· Registered
1,861 Posts
The issue here, is a M44, as a carbine, still has some tangible value, as a hunting rifle, in short brush, for wild boar, a truck gun, and general all around beater. The Soviet Satellite countries appreciated the M44's design, and it went well into the sixties and seventies as a guard, security, and training rifle.

IMO, a lightly used M44, in very good condition, with a clean bore, and all original serial #s will fetch a high price, IF you are willing to wait patiently, and field about two million low-ball offers.

Unfortunately, there are also a lot of crusty, used up old slaggers, which are worth less than my opinion, floating around, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.