National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody:

I'm seeking information on the potential purchase of a Colt M4. The item has a stamp marked M4 LE / law enforcement & 5.56 mm. Owner relays that the gun is "very collectible" and legal to own. The big question is what makes this M4 different than a newer M4 #6920 ????

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

Colt: M4 Carbine - 5.56 NATO, 16.1" - LE ONLY (LE6920)

The Colt Advanced Law Enforcement Carbines are lightweight, gas operated, semi-automatic, magazine fed, 5.56 x 45mm caliber carbines. They are based on the M16/M4 series of rifles and incorporate the same safety features as those firearms. Colt's LE6920 series shares many features of its combat-proven brother, the Colt M4.
They retail (new) for around $1000.00 to law enforcement agancies.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello everybody:

I'm seeking information on the potential purchase of a Colt M4. The item has a stamp marked M4 LE / law enforcement & 5.56 mm. Owner relays that the gun is "very collectible" and legal to own. The big question is what makes this M4 different than a newer M4 #6920 ????
I bought two Colt 6920-LEO carbines 12 or so years ago thinking these might become collectible. Still have them new and unfired. I’ve seen several advertised for 3k or so. I have no idea if they sold or not. I’m gonna test the waters with one and see what I can fetch😬

1 - 3 of 3 Posts