National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Springfield M1a 308 I'm looking to sell. I've been looking around at what they are going for but I've come up with a few different price ranges. Mies had less than a hundred round through it and is in mint condition. Anyone have any idea what a realistic price is on the market today? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Clean and oil it. Put it away for a year. It'll be worth as much as, if not more than, the current New Price today for a model with the same features. Find the current New Price, write it down and tape it to your rifle for reference in a year.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I've got a Springfield M1a 308 I'm looking to sell. I've been looking around at what they are going for but I've come up with a few different price ranges. Mies had less than a hundred round through it and is in mint condition. Anyone have any idea what a realistic price is on the market today? Thanks for the help.
Standard Springfield M1A? There are several versions of the rifle, such as SOCOM 16, SOCOM 16 CQB, M1A Scout Squad, Standard M1A, Loaded M1A, National Match M1A and the Super Match M1A. Even the Standard M1A has about 6 options (versions) and they all carry a different price tag. So it comes down to which M1A you have? Typical Example of M1A Standard. Typical Standard M1A:

BRAND:Springfield Armory# OF MAGS:1
MODEL:M1A Standard RifleSAFETY:Garand Style
TYPE:Rifle: Semi-AutoSIGHTS:Front: Military Post Rear: Military Aperture
CALIBER:308BARREL:22
FINISH:Matte BlackOVERALL LENGTH:44.3
ACTION:Semi-AutomaticWEIGHT:9.3 lbs
STOCK:Highlander Camo Composite StockPACKAGING:
CAPACITY:10+1FEATURES:Fiberglass Handguard, Parkerized
CHOKES:FEATURES:5-6 lbs Two-Stage Military Trigger
CHAMBER:BUTT PLATE:Rubber Butt Plate
MUZZLE:Flash SuppressorRECEIVER:Matte Black

The above gun has a new MSRP of $1,686 and typically sells for around $1,500 at a gun show. You know what you paid for whatever you have so make a price and ask it.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts