National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a standard Springfield Armory M14 (7.62mm) and I think the trigger group is faulty or damaged.
It was ok for the first thousand rounds or so, but then after every shot, the trigger guard pops out, which is really annoying, and I usually don't notice it until it's swung wide open and the trigger assembly falls out (well, not really, but the hammer hits nothing).

I think it may have been forced open without the safety on once... would that have done it? Is there a way I can fix this myself? I just don't want to have to get a new trigger assembly... or wait for it to be sent off to Springfield.

The guys at my local range said they had seen this once before and Springfield just sent the guy a new trigger assembly, I think he only had to ship his old one in and they sent him a new one, free of charge.

Any help would be helpful, thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, imo, the first avenue to persue would be to call springfield and see what they say.

maybe they will send you a new one first so you dont have to worry about "down time"

but even if they dont, do you really want to be shooting it in the current condition, knowing its not functioning propperly?? bad possibilities come to mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts