National Gun Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I just looked up the born date on my Springfield M1 and it was made in April of 1945. I guess it was getting close to the end of the war and probably wasn’t shipped overseas but who knows. War ended on May 8th, 1945. It could have gone to Korea but there’s no way to know. It was a repatriated Korean M1 from their arsenal and brought home by a company out of Virginia called “Blue Sky”. They had great deals back in the mid 80’s. I think I paid $350. For it. The metal was in very good condition and I refinished the wood. I got real good it it and wound up refinishing about 15 of them for a local gun store.
View attachment 132067 View attachment 132066 View attachment 132065 View attachment 132064
Blue Sky imported thousands of M1 Garands from Korea. Here is an example of their import stamp on a take off barrel I had laying around. Nice work on the wood, it came out real nice.

Ron

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Got another big snow yesterday and we are traveling today... Still awaiting a time to shoot this rifle

It's cleaned, lubed, have ammo, a sling, a few enbloc clips, been practicing loading / unloading with dummy rounds.

All I need now is to make time for the range.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts