National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back home for christmas and I was doing my dad a favor by replacing the springs on our WWII M-1 Garand. Me being an idiot I decided not to follow the directions very closely and I removed both of the pins on the trigger assembly with the hammer cocked...Now its stuck. I can almost get the one pin in as seen in the picture but the pin that the screwdriver is currently taking the place of wont go in. I was just hoping really that anybody here knew of any solution to this problem because if the hammer wasn't cocked it would all fall out very easily. And M-1 Garand forum looks pretty dead so I figured I come here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The only way this is going to work is if you can get the pins back in, starting with the hammer pin where it seems you are at. A good set of punches is what you really need. You can work a pin hole till you get the right size punch in (from opposite side) then work the pin in from the correct side. Then the sear trigger pin is also a ***** under the hammer spring compressed pressure. If you can get that forward pin in you may be able by hand get the sear pushed forward and release the hammer. There is no easy way or shortcut I am aware of.

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.