National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of year again where all the leaves are turning. Its like the Vermont of the West!

·
Registered
761 Posts
We're already past all the nice colors here in Wisconsin. That was last month's excitement.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Pretty!! We don't have anything like that yet. It's only been this week that we've dropped out of record high temps. I think the trees are confused! :? LOL

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zulu7 said:
We're already past all the nice colors here in Wisconsin. That was last month's excitement.
Whats the low temps up their so far?

We have has some 40 degree stuff and I know Seattle has been down in the thirtys.

·
Registered
761 Posts
sig232 said:
Zulu7 said:

We have has some 40 degree stuff and I know Seattle has been down in the thirtys.

Overnight lows have been dropping into the 30s for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Daytime highs have gotten as high as 55 in the same time period.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zulu7 said:
sig232 said:
Zulu7 said:

Overnight lows have been dropping into the 30s for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Daytime highs have gotten as high as 55 in the same time period.

Thats cold enough for the Moose to come out of summer hibernation for the winter mating season! ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
The leaves are starting to turn here, too. The "Bosque", which is the growth of cottonwood trees along the Rio Grande river, could be seen changing every day this past week. We had had a week of fairly cool weather (high 30s at night, high 50s during the day) last week, but this week was back into the mid to high 70s in the PM with high 40s in the AM.

It often works out this way, where I switch from the cooler (we use evaportive coolers instead of air conditioners) to the furnace because it's so cool in the AM, then wish we had A/C in the warm afternoons.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
I am a summer time kinda guy, so watching things turn green in the Spring is much prettier to me. I have never been one to like the Fall for a number of reasons:

1. It has always meant school was starting and that was always a drag.

2. Changing irrigating water when the temp starts dropping in Oct. really blows.

3. It means miserable winter days are ahead, not behind you.

4. You have the thought of breaking ice for your cows twice a day and early calving seasons coming up.

5. Girls always cover up more when its cold outside. :mrgreen:

BUT...THERE IS TAILGATING AND FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
:cool: -You know sig, Zip (A2) could probably use some cold temps, but here in the North Cal, it's been down only to the low 50's--

--Our colors are turning also, but nothing like Connecticut, this time of year--

----Course one thing about the Sierras, the colors don't change, it just gets SNOWY--

-- :i: :i: --JIMBO

·
Registered
569 Posts
Fall...what's that? 86* here today...Average daytime winter temps in the winter are in the 60's, Dec/Jan.
Beautiful pics tho...used to live in the south (AL & GA)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've actually had to scrape my windows a couple of times this month already.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zulu7 said:
I've actually had to scrape my windows a couple of times this month already.
That will come in Nov or Dec for us! The window scrapping routine! :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I bought dad a new window scraper a couple years ago. Payed something like $150 for it...it's called a garage door opener. He had to manually scrape his windows one day last week, and he's been using it ever since.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Kinda like Mesquite bushes but taller

G

·
:cool: --And they're mostly Pine trees, which have needles that drop--

--Not to be confused with, needles thart are thrown away--

-- -r- --JIMBO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts