National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That caliber in the Winchester Silvertip did 1290 fps, creating 649 ft- lbs of energy. Thats with a 175 gr bullet coming out of a Colt Delta Elite. Thats some hot statistics.

Do you own a 10mm??

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never became a popular caliber. I bet it beat the guns to death.

Any member experience with the round?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I know a guy who shoot 10mm exclusively. All of his guns have had the barrel conversion.

Obviously, he loves it.

I prefer shooting more widely available ammo calibers.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Carried a 10MM Delta Elite for about 7 years as my duty sidearm before switching to a Para P-14 .45. shot Hornady XTP's through it. It was the one pistol round I would have had a lot of confidence in if I was shooting through their windshied and expecting lethal hits. Shot up some cars on our LEO range and the 10MM was almost scary as compared to the others. I was convinced that if I terminated a BG with it, it would have sucked his spine out the exit wound

It definately is not a round for those with limp wrists. :mrgreen:

My Colt held up without any problem, although Colt's 10MM clips were average.

G

·
I jumped from a 9mm straight to .45 acp. The 9mm in +P+ is close to the 10 in actual firepower. The .45 is hands down a winner.
I upgraded my covert carry from .32 to .380 with the Ruger LCP.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Had a G29.
Traded it for a G23.
$20+ for practice ammo was more than my wallet could bear and this was several years ago!!

G

·
I've never owned one, but a buddy of mine tossed me his and had me shoot a full mag out of it. It smacked the target like a truck and rocked gently in my hand.

Really, when you get down to it, I don't ask much more of a handgun than that.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have one. A kimber 1911, 5 inch barrel. I am very pleased with it. It is very accurate with the 200 gr XTP bullet over Blue Dot powder. I would love to have a S/W 610, with a 6 inch barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts