National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love shoulder holsters, to me they are the most comfortable to wear a CW. Since I am retired, I need more hobbies otherwise the wife would kill me. I restarted my leather work hobby far from the masters but trying. I was using a tuck behind CW holster, but it was uncomfortable. I am of average size and love mt jeans which do not leave enough room for much of anything. I refuse to wear baggy pants period.

So, one day I started to look into shoulder holsters. A couple of LEOs I know use them I tried some of theirs just for fit and look. In the winter I always wear vests over my flannel shirts which fit loose. This made them perfect for shoulder a holster. In the summer I wear some wild Hawaiian shirts which also fit loose. So I tried the shoulder holster under one of them and you could no see or tell I was carrying. The only thing I found uncomfortable was the holster on my bare shin. So, I bought a set of wife beater t-shirts the ones with the straps which solved the problem.

I made the attached holster and shoulder strap of #5 leather and the straps of #3 leather with a quick disconnect. Used Chicago screws for adjustment and change out of holsters. Made an additional removable magazine holder too. Very comfortable to wear and often forget I am waring it.

The other holster is a hip holster used for open carry
Tool Musical instrument accessory Wood Goggles Table

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like your hobby. Glad the shoulder rig works well for you. Are those left hand rigs for a Kahr?

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
I've tried many holster types over the years (ankle, IWB, OWB, belly band, pocket) but never a shoulder rig.

Looks complicated to get on and off :)

Seriously... Nice looking rig and that hobby keeps you out of your wife's hair... She says keep making them :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried many holster types over the years (ankle, IWB, OWB, belly band, pocket) but never a shoulder rig.

Looks complicated to get on and off :)

Seriously... Nice looking rig and that hobby keeps you out of your wife's hair... She says keep making them :)
Not complicated to put on at all, slide shoulder through the bit loop; one small strap over the opposite shoulder and the other connects under the arm. It takes less than 15 seconds to put it on. It is so comfortable you forget you are wearing it and it is best when driving too. It is set up for left-handed as you want it on the opposite side for a reach across.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts