National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you rather spend more money buying cheaper guns and having more of a variety or do you spend a big amount on one gun and enjoy it for a long time. I seem to have this problem of buying too many expensive guns and having very few.

G

·
I buy the guns I'll use. I don't really give much thought to the price, within reason.

On one end of the spectrum, I have a KelTec .380 that cost $225, and my Marlin .22 cost probably $60 back in 1984 or so. They both do their respective jobs perfectly well. On the other end, I have an M4gery that cost over $1500 (which is reasonably pricey by my standards, YMMV), and a custom Commander. I plan to buy a Steyr Scout because it is the only thing of its kind.

My Garand was a serious bargain through CMP for $375.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Decent guns at a decent price. My best is a Win 12 ga gold trigger single shot fixed full 30" barrel. It was a hand me down and was the first gun I ever shot. This is one heckuva turkey shoot gun and has won more than it's share of turkeys and hams at the local VFW. :D

G

·
i have learned thru life by my own stupidity to never, never part with your guns, unless it's a family member. ;) keep'em even if they are disapponting to remind yourself to never purchase junk again.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gunzzi said:
Decent guns at a decent price.
I'm with ya. Right now I am concentrated on getting all the base platforms and building them up later. Example: I have a bone stock AR15 that I would love to drop a few hundred into (EOTech, quad rails, lights ect) but instead I am buying other firearms that may potentially be banned in the near future. I'll work on tricking them out later. ;)

-Derek

G

·
i go for the best of both worlds.

i wait till i find a good gun and pay almost nothing for it.

i have never payed full price for a gun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts