National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did lorches jewelry ever carry guns. My dad had a 20 gauge shotgun most of my life that his father bought for him from this jewelry store when he was younger. Dad’s getting older now and can’t remember the name of the gun. He told me that it was not a common name of the guns were usually here of. His was stolen years ago and I would like to find him another one since he’s getting sick. It was a 20 gauge double barrel shotgun. I think a 20 gauge or 12 gauge would work. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
729 Posts
So you want to replace a shotgun, of undetermined brand, from a store that likely is out of business, or doesn't carry them anymore, for your father, who's becoming senile, and sick.

Am I the only one who sees a couple problems with this plan ? How about getting him a nice LCD multi function watch, or a new Nintendo DS ?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Need a lot more information than what you have to replace a shotgun of unknown make or gauge
Is the store still in business?
That might be a good place to start

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,923 Posts
Lorch's Jewelers seems to be an Alabama based company. You might try contacting their headquarters. You'll need to know the approximate year purchased.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Russ D My father old senile and had alzheimer`s had several guns we did keep them unloaded he did have access after all they were his. Trying to distance him from them when he had a clear moment was cruel and unusual. He never remembered "WHERE" they were just that he worked hard for them and had them every once and a while me or other male adult in family would still take him to the range, He could barely walk had minimal bowel/bladder control I changed many diapers as I am sure he did mine. At the end of life I hope you receive the same a son/family member that lets you remain dignified. Good luck GloveMW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts