National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Aim true !
14,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the sporting goods to check for muzzleloader primers. And saw most the ammo marked on clearance. Including Tula 7.62X54R. I bought them out. It works very well for my Mosin. I asked whats up with the clearance? I thought it was only AR and handgun ammo. The gal said no it's going to be most ammo now. I think that is BS. For now shotgun shells are safe though. Guns safe too. Go figure. But she said that could change too.

· Registered
1,856 Posts
Like buying ammo at Wal-Mart is some special privilege. Did the people who run the Sporting Goods at Wal-Mart take a shower today?

... because if I have to kiss their ass, to get them to sell me some ammo, i want it to be clean...

· Registered
6,726 Posts
might be time to get with neighbors or friends at the range and place a significant internet order......split the freight and costs....

we do it around here for powder orders......

Reactions: Joker and Wag

· Aim true !
14,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to start buying my 22 ammo from targetsportsusa. By the case. And pick up deals on sale at Dunhams like i did with the armscor 22's when i can. Gators Has bulk ammo for the mosin too. Most the guys i run into at the club reload too. My neighbor reloads and pays me to tumble his brass. I never want anything, But he insist. It's good to see folks do though. Gators gave me a brick a agulla with my Mark 4. I didn't like it. A lot of the rounds i had to restrike. And that he sells by the case.
Bulk Ammo

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
Walmart’s new policy regarding ammo is sure to create some inconvenience for some, but an inconvenience simply demands an adjustment on the buyer end. Like Deputy, there are a small group of us here that do the same thing buying powder, primers and such in bulk and splitting shipping and hazmat. This works really good through Grafs if you watch their sales. Not a big issue to do the same with rimfire ammo, or any ammo for that matter. I like doing business with brick and mortar stores when possible, but if they refuse to handle what I want...they simply lose business. Basic economics.
It is sort of amusing watching businesses that get so big that they think they can thus dictate what consumers will purchase by discontinuing items at their own whim. Nothing, and surely no business, is too big to fall. The idea of being a merchant is to provide what people want, not tell them what they can have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.