National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m looking to build a portfolio for a little website design company I am starting. I would love to get into doing website design for gun stores and gun hobby websites. If you guys have any interest in making a website or redesigning a website you have, I would love to hear back and see if I can help.

·
Aim true !
9,794 Posts
There was once a man from nantucket that has a such a long .............................................................. :yikes1:

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
Hey, I’m looking to build a portfolio for a little website design company I am starting. I would love to get into doing website design for gun stores and gun hobby websites. If you guys have any interest in making a website or redesigning a website you have, I would love to hear back and see if I can help.
I'm a retired IT guy, OK? 73 years old.

I bought my first computer in 1978 and turned a hobby into a career.

"... looking to build a portfolio for a little website design company I am starting." "... for gun stores and gun hobby websites."

You're a small startup in a tight space.

Please post links to some of you work along with pricing for providing a storefront. How much work will I have to do? Who retains copyright to narratives and photos I supply?

Also, what is the exit plan? I want the entire web code including Java scripts, should I decide to terminate. For my existing website, you'll have full rights so you can do your work. I want a non-disclosure, full indemnity, and a contract stating that you not change any passwords without sharing those with me.

You will not perform any work without my prior consent.

I will reserve the right to force an exit for any, or no, reason, at any time, without notice. I will pay you the agreed rate for work you have completed.

How's that?

·
Aim true !
9,794 Posts
I miss read part of the OP. Took stores as stories OPS. LOL. Thus my little joke reply.

·
Super Moderator
11,095 Posts
Like Popeye, I was about to close this thread. If you're going to seriously solicit business on this site, click the Advertise link on the top right corner of this page or the home page.

As for doing web sites, you better be good. I can call 20 people I know off the top of my head and get a web site designed in a day that does everything I want it to do. And it's done in a way that I can go in and make the edits I need without wrecking the basic look and feel. It can have everything a complex site needs, including a shopping cart, credit card processing, order tracking, shipping tracking, mapping......... And a thousand other things I know I need.

So, you better be dang good, including database handling, etc. People have this mistaken idea that because they can do some cool HTML or Java graphics that it makes them a web designer. Such is not the case.

--Wag--

·
Jesus Saves
7,731 Posts
I'm a retired IT guy, OK? 73 years old.

I bought my first computer in 1978 and turned a hobby into a career.

"... looking to build a portfolio for a little website design company I am starting." "... for gun stores and gun hobby websites."

You're a small startup in a tight space.

Please post links to some of you work along with pricing for providing a storefront. How much work will I have to do? Who retains copyright to narratives and photos I supply?

Also, what is the exit plan? I want the entire web code including Java scripts, should I decide to terminate. For my existing website, you'll have full rights so you can do your work. I want a non-disclosure, full indemnity, and a contract stating that you not change any passwords without sharing those with me.

You will not perform any work without my prior consent.

I will reserve the right to force an exit for any, or no, reason, at any time, without notice. I will pay you the agreed rate for work you have completed.

How's that?
Still not tight enough for an unknown newbie. Access to my website? Uh, NO!

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
Like Popeye, I was about to close this thread. If you're going to seriously solicit business on this site, click the Advertise link on the top right corner of this page or the home page.

As for doing web sites, you better be good. I can call 20 people I know off the top of my head and get a web site designed in a day that does everything I want it to do. And it's done in a way that I can go in and make the edits I need without wrecking the basic look and feel. It can have everything a complex site needs, including a shopping cart, credit card processing, order tracking, shipping tracking, mapping......... And a thousand other things I know I need.

So, you better be dang good, including database handling, etc. People have this mistaken idea that because they can do some cool HTML or Java graphics that it makes them a web designer. Such is not the case.

--Wag--
This subject is in my wheelhouse and your post is spot on.

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
Still not tight enough for an unknown newbie. Access to my website? Uh, NO!
Designers have to have passwords to gain access, otherwise they would be on equal footing with the Gentle User (meaning zero access). That's why it's important to do business with established companies who have a good track record, and lots to lose if they are unethical.

Web design is so old that DIY is the way to go (see Wag).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts