National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to source some parts for this Spanish made pistol. I have located several sources for magazines, but I would like to replace the grips with originals or good reproductions. Would also like for other original parts that have been replaced over the years.

· Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,883 Posts
You have what is commonly categorized as a "RUBY" type pistol coming from the early 20th century cottage gunsmith industry in the Eibar region of Spain. More than 50 different makers offered these pistols. Rarely do parts interchange between different maker's models. It is possible to purchase the same part (example: sear) fifteen or twenty times and each part be slightly different from the others.

Good luck.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m familiar with the Spanish Ruby type pistols. The Venus Pocket is half the size of the Ruby lines. The Venus Pocket weighs 19ozs, over length is 4.8 inches with a 3 inch magazine.
The Ruby types are more along the line of 8+ inches long.
Thanks, I think I will need lots of luck!

· Galactic Effectuator
526 Posts
That sort of thing is a "Ruby type" as outlined. It is a 'look alike', but not internally like the 1910 FN (Browning design). As mentioned, many different makers and parts do not interchange without substantial hand work. Quite often, parts do not interchange with other guns of the same manufacture. Your best bet is to be incredible lucky or just make a set of grips from some suitable wood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.