National Gun Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,080 Posts
That Kimber is a great pistol. I expect you'll like it very much.

Ask your wife to join this forum, too! :)

You'll probably want some version of a .22 rifle for the varmint or small game hunting.

And you'll need a safe. Probably sooner rather than later! LOL

--Wag--

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just go ahead and get a CZ 9 millimeter of your choice knowing you got the best there is. Sig quality and customer service is spotty but the one I own has been a very good gun. Not on the level of a CZ but close after broken in. Your wife is going to cost you a lot of money.

·
Salmon Slayer
578 Posts
If you have friends with handguns you might ask them if you could try them out, always a good choice.
Now the best choice and I would suggest is that you find a local gun store with a range that offers rentals and shoot a lot of them keeping a scorecard for each one, too much recoil, doesn’t fit your hand well, hard to rack the slide or magazine changing is cumbersome. You get the idea.
Don’t rule out the 40S&W caliber and do your homework before purchasing, gun store jockeys are quite persistent to sell you what they have in stock even if you want something else.

Reactions: Southernguns

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
26,497 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
The 1911 in every caliber, be it .22-.45 is a great gun. 1911’s are just like polymer guns but made for men. I will warn you about one problem with 1911’s…..they are habit forming.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts