National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm super new here, so exuse me if i've created topic in the wrong section of forum :)

As some of you may know - there's a PC game called Arma 3. I'm member of the team working on global modification for this game. The idea of modification is bringing the most realistic battle experience achievable. My role in the team is 3D modeler and texturer. This is why I'm here :D I'm looking for image references of M40A5 sniper rifle. There are tons of photos all over Internet, but all of the photos are traken from pretty much the same foreshortening. I'm looking for closeup photos of the left side of the rifle and the muzzle brake.

Here are some picures of my M40A5 model:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,130 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, are u posting it just to post? Not to take in account that this is render from BF4 or smth - it has a completely different stock.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Dude, are u posting it just to post? Not to take in account that this is render from BF4 or smth - it has a completely different stock.
Hey everyone! I'm super new here, ...
I'm looking for closeup photos of the left side of the rifle and the muzzle brake.
Dude you got what you asked for. If you don't know the definition of "ingrate" look it up.

·
Super Moderator
14,309 Posts
I'm surprised the "Dude" can still post. Someone must be sleeping in this morning.

Alan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. I got it. I shouldn't have come to look for help here :)

Dude you got what you asked for. If you don't know the definition of "ingrate" look it up.
I was wondering if someone actually has the rifle and able to take a few close-up photos of it. I can browse Google Images myself. And i did it before i came here.

I'm surprised the "Dude" can still post. Someone must be sleeping in this morning.
Not shure if that's adressed to me.

·
Super Moderator
14,309 Posts
You asked a question. Someone tried to answer your question. For some odd reason you took offense at their sincere effort to help you, and now you are attempting to start an argument. I see that you are still on line here, so that tells me that you are still wanting to argue about not getting the answer you think you deserve. If you are not sure if this addresses you then whip out another smart-assed post and you'll be in the "read only" section.

Oh, I'm the nice one around here.

Alan

Reactions: Square target

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You asked a question. Someone tried to answer your question. For some odd reason you took offense at their sincere effort to help you, and now you are attempting to start an argument. I see that you are still on line here, so that tells me that you are still wanting to argue about not getting the answer you think you deserve. If you are not sure if this addresses you then whip out another smart-assed post and you'll be in the "read only" section.

Oh, I'm the nice one around here.

Alan
I specified my question in my first post here. I mentioned that i'm not looking for photos that are available to find via Google Images search. Popeye gave me the link directly to Google Images. Then I mentioned again, that the reason I'm here is - I can't find photos that i need via Google Images. Now you, for some reason, that is not clear to me think that i'm being rude or something, when I'm not. Not at all. I was just looking for help here. Now I'm sincerely confused. If you think that I did something unacceptable here - give me the RO.

·
Super Moderator
14,309 Posts
Okay….

RO #1. Be polite. If you ask a question, it is likely that you will get many answers here that may or may not pertain to your particular question. Ignore the ones which do not and glean from the ones that do. It is entirely unnecessary to respond negatively to answers which you perceive to be unrelated or unhelpful to your quandary.

This is not a tech support forum for video game programers. That you got an answer at all surprises me.

RO #2. Don't piss off Popeye. He old and cantankerous. He likely knows more about guns than you do about video games.

RO #3. You can catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

Follow these simple rules and you may learn something here.

Alan

Reactions: yanot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok :) Thank you for the explanation. I will take that in consideration. My apologies to Popeye. I truly didn't mean to offend him or anyone else here and thanks to everyone who tried to help me, I really appreciate it.

Just like you, gentlemen, I love guns. And I also love video games. And as a 3D artist I'm trying to make the 3D model of the M40A5 (which I'm currently working on) as realistic as possible. I manually drawing all the scratches, all the dust particles. And the reason why I'm looking here for someone who has M40 in his/her posession is that pictures that I've already found over Internet aren't matching my requests. Particulary - I need to find out how does the barrel stamping looks like. I've already did the bolt stamping with the serial number:

And bolt handler stamping:

(The numbers are bigger, because the resolution of texture doesn't allow to make them any smaller :( )

So yeah, barrel stamping is the thing I'm still looking for :)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Greetings and Welcome to the Forum

Ok :) Thank you for the explanation. I will take that in consideration. My apologies to Popeye. I truly didn't mean to offend him or anyone else here and thanks to everyone who tried to help me, I really appreciate it.
We try to get along here and enjoy ourselves. Howdy, from the real Georgia.

Reactions: yanot
1 - 15 of 15 Posts