National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey NGF,
So i'm looking for a full auto bb gun, but i can't find much cheap, or DIY plans.
I just wan to shred cans, glass, and any other targets. Any ideas? Under $100 hopefully.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
OK so I am WAY out of the loop on BB guns. The last BB gun I had was a Daisy leaver action that shot copper BBs. But I admit I had a blast with it and I have thought about getting another bb gun just for winter shooting in my basement. But I see they have changed in a big big way.

The add for the M1A1 for example says it has an all steel gear box and runs off a battery? So I am guessing that this bb gun does not use air pressure to launch the BB but some sort of mechanical system? can someone let me know if I am right on this? Any idea how long the battery lasts?

Also some of the other guns I looked at stated that there were bulk air kits available. This means that it can be hooked up to an air tank... or possibly a compressor? My compressor is pro rated to 210 LBs. Would this be enough too much or something else?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I remember the ones at the fairs and amusement parks when I was a kid. They used air pressure and a stick of BB's got poured in them. The object was to try to shoot out the star on a a piece of paper from about 5 yards and if you got the entire star gone, then you won a prize. Those BB machine guns were modeled after Thompsons. Sure did love trying that game for a quarter. They had an air hose coming in from below into the pistol grip.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK so I am WAY out of the loop on BB guns. The last BB gun I had was a Daisy leaver action that shot copper BBs. But I admit I had a blast with it and I have thought about getting another bb gun just for winter shooting in my basement. But I see they have changed in a big big way.

The add for the M1A1 for example says it has an all steel gear box and runs off a battery? So I am guessing that this bb gun does not use air pressure to launch the BB but some sort of mechanical system? can someone let me know if I am right on this? Any idea how long the battery lasts?

Also some of the other guns I looked at stated that there were bulk air kits available. This means that it can be hooked up to an air tank... or possibly a compressor? My compressor is pro rated to 210 LBs. Would this be enough too much or something else?
It's an airsoft gun. It actually uses a piston to compress air like almost all other bb guns, however it shoots 6mm bb's that weigh .2 grams. There is no penetrating power there. These types of guns are used in MILSIM games (similar to paintball) and are shot at people without major harm. They can be allot of fun to shoot though. If you think you would want one just for fun look at airsoftmegastore.com or airsplat.com.
There are some that are almost exact replicas of new, old, wartime, and antique firearms and operate almost if not exactly the same way.
Check out this thing: Echo1 M134 MiniGun Airsoft Machine Gun
Now that i could have some fun with :machinegun:

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
It's an airsoft gun. It actually uses a piston to compress air like almost all other bb guns, however it shoots 6mm bb's that weigh .2 grams. There is no penetrating power there. These types of guns are used in MILSIM games (similar to paintball) and are shot at people without major harm. They can be allot of fun to shoot though. If you think you would want one just for fun look at airsoftmegastore.com or airsplat.com.
There are some that are almost exact replicas of new, old, wartime, and antique firearms and operate almost if not exactly the same way.
Check out this thing: Echo1 M134 MiniGun Airsoft Machine Gun
Now that i could have some fun with :machinegun:
That would keep the neighbors dogs out of your yard. ( No I wouldn't it was just a joke. )

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
I'm with prarie the umarex steel storm is just awesome but not full auto (6 shot bursts) watch a few vids on youtube

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I am guessing that this bb gun does not use air pressure to launch the BB but some sort of mechanical system? can someone let me know if I am right on this? Any idea how long the battery lasts?
I have two battery-powered guns, one i've cut down and modified to a scifi-looking auto pistol. When i was modding it, i went in and examined the guts. The (airsoft) bb is just hit with a tiny hammer/piston powered by the electric motor, and it flings out the barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts