National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say "sniping" because i realy mean a form of long range acuarcy shooting competition available to the public (if any one has seen top sniper on the military channel i dont mean that kind of competition ,close, but thats not avalible to the public). I have no idea what kind of shooting sports there are that might be close to what i want to participate in so any sugestions are very much apreciated.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Greetings...

We have Dynamite shoots out here.

Basicly you are shooting at unknown yardage - Somewhere around 750 - 900 yards, in wind, at the bottom of a pop can filled with dynamite.

It's $2 a shot, you get 2 shots. If you miss, you go to the end of the line. If you hit it - you collect half the pot - The fire department gets the other half.

Behind you, while you are shooting from a very uncomfortable bench rest made from a 1920's era grammer school desk, complete with ink well, is an old grizzly gentleman, giving you very bad ranging advice... Example - your 1st bullet misses 15 feet right and 10 feet low, he'll call off that you missed it 6 inches left and a foot high.

Guys from all over the state come in with their $3000 race guns topped with their $5000 scopes and never hit a thing - the usual winners being the 12 year old with his daddy's hand me down .243 with a cheap 3-9 burris....
It's a blast - Literaly !!!

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
Greetings...

We have Dynamite shoots out here.

Basicly you are shooting at unknown yardage - Somewhere around 750 - 900 yards, in wind, at the bottom of a pop can filled with dynamite.

It's $2 a shot, you get 2 shots. If you miss, you go to the end of the line. If you hit it - you collect half the pot - The fire department gets the other half.

Behind you, while you are shooting from a very uncomfortable bench rest made from a 1920's era grammer school desk, complete with ink well, is an old grizzly gentleman, giving you very bad ranging advice... Example - your 1st bullet misses 15 feet right and 10 feet low, he'll call off that you missed it 6 inches left and a foot high.

Guys from all over the state come in with their $3000 race guns topped with their $5000 scopes and never hit a thing - the usual winners being the 12 year old with his daddy's hand me down .243 with a cheap 3-9 burris....
It's a blast - Literaly !!!
That sounds like alot of fun! Where is this?

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
They used to run the Blanchard Blast in Idaho, but not any more - at least lately.

"Blanchard Blast Dynamite Shoot - http://boomershoot.org/Blanchard/blast.htm
The Blanchard Blast is a shooting event where they stuff pop cans with dynamite and put them at various distances away from the firing line (from a minimum of 300 yards on up to 1,200 yards away). You get three shots, then another shooter gets three shots, you continue rotating and can shoot all day long."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anybody know of any competition shooting around the seattle, washington area? or king county i guess is what i mean. I know of a couple places but they mainly do small urban tactical training and it costs a pretty penny.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here in the southern part of the great communist state of NY they have long range shoots at Camp Smith. It's an Army base near West Point and all the local law enforcement go there to train long distance and they open to the public for shoots and training classes. There is also a range in Wilkes-Barr PA but that only goes out to 350yds.
Maybe i missed it but where are you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.