National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
FNX-45. It's the king of caliber-capacity maximization.

15+1 rounds of .45 ACP is a LOT of firepower. It's my nightstand weapon. Not great for concealment, but if that's not a concern, it's fantastic.

If you don't want to step all the way up to .45, you can get a CZ P09 with 19+1 capacity in 9mm. Really wish I had one.

Or if you want something bigger, you can just stash a Hi Point 4595 carbine under the seat. .45 ACP carbine makes a good truck gun. Only 9 round magazines, but you can get clips that allow you to clip 2 more mags to the stock. Gives you long-gun accuracy and is very affordable. While their pistols are sketchy, the Hi Point carbines have an excellent reputation.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm fond of my Taurus PT-845 12+1 .45 ACP

Was relatively inexpensive but has been 100% reliable and has a decocker (first shot DA, remainder SA). It's a big handful of a gun but great for a truck gun.

Of course, another great option is the 14+1 CZ75D PCR in 9mm (of course, I'm partial to CZ's)

+1 on the Hi-Point carbines... I have the 9mm version and can attest to its reliability

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
There a lot of handguns out there that can meet your requirements.

Personally, I arm myself. I do not arm my vehicles.
Now let's see where did I put that pistol. The fellow beating on the roof of my car waving a gun around won' t wait forever for me to defend myself...... Hmmm Maybe in the console.......

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
I would not be going to my truck to get a some other pistol. O/P look around there are a few out there you might like. Everyone is different.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Well there is always the Desert Eagle

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
31,992 Posts
If you want to keep a gun in your truck, first get a console vault to store it in. Truck Vaults
Vehicles are too easy to break into AND you don't want a criminal to break into your truck and steal a firearm. Get a vault first, then figure what gun to store in it.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I keep a Charter .44 Bulldog in my console. Cars get broken into now and then, and I don't want to risk losing anything more expensive. Capacity is unimportant to me - 5 rounds of .44 Special is just fine. I also have whatever I'm carrying in my pocket, not that I believe it will ever come to that.

·
AZHerper
6,167 Posts
I have a Taurus 605SH2 which is a 16-ounce 357 mag snubby. It's a whole lot of firepower in a compact lightweight package also it has the ease of use and reliability inherent in revolvers. I know that a lot of people in here are down on Taurus but they have produced many very good guns. All of the titanium Taurus revolvers have been discontinued but you can still get them on Gunbroker and other internet sites. I actually prefer the little revolver over my 1911 for defense. Of course, it's far better for CCW. On closing...if I were to carry something big in my truck, it would be a 12 gauge!

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Guns in vehicles are subject to abuse and at higher risk to get stolen. I have a gun safe chained to a seat post. All my "truck guns" are less than $300. I bought used guns for that purpose. I have a Smith 915 and a Ruger P94.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
FNX-45. It's the king of caliber-capacity maximization.

15+1 rounds of .45 ACP is a LOT of firepower. It's my nightstand weapon. Not great for concealment, but if that's not a concern, it's fantastic.

If you don't want to step all the way up to .45, you can get a CZ P09 with 19+1 capacity in 9mm. Really wish I had one.

Or if you want something bigger, you can just stash a Hi Point 4595 carbine under the seat. .45 ACP carbine makes a good truck gun. Only 9 round magazines, but you can get clips that allow you to clip 2 more mags to the stock. Gives you long-gun accuracy and is very affordable. The Hi Point carbines have an excellent reputation. It's only the pistols that are sketchy. Very affordable.
I will second the FNX. I have one in .40 and I live it.

Also Springfield XDm.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I have a Taurus 605SH2 which is a 16-ounce 357 mag snubby. It's a whole lot of firepower in a compact lightweight package also it has the ease of use and reliability inherent in revolvers. I know that a lot of people in here are down on Taurus but they have produced many very good guns. All of the titanium Taurus revolvers have been discontinued but you can still get them on Gunbroker and other internet sites. I actually prefer the little revolver over my 1911 for defense. Of course, it's far better for CCW. On closing...if I were to carry something big in my truck, it would be a 12 gauge!
I have a Titanium Taurus .357 Snubby that I love. I think Taurus is one of the best guns for the dollar around. I own 3 Taurus's.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Wow, you guys are all like "I'm just going to HAVE to shoot somebody, someday!"

Nobody just goes hunting, anymore...:popcorn2:

BTW, Desert Eagles have 6" barrels, and were originally

designed to be hunting pistols. And they do shoot VERY

accurately, if you do your part.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.