National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and new to collecting in general.

I currently own a Beretta Nano (daily carry) and a Springfield 1911-A1 Loaded. I want to start adding to my "collection" but cannot make a decision on which direction to go with my current, small, very small, lineup.

What would you recommend as a good handgun pickup? Would you personally go with a full size? Compact? As I only have 2, I want something I can carry anywhere possible and use whenever. Not looking to invest in a show piece.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Sounds like you need a Ruger LCR in 357 mag. Or a S&W j frame. Or a Ruger Sp101or a CZ Rami or a CZ 75 or SP01 or a HK VP9 .

Did I miss anything guys? Lol

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
982 Posts
Sounds like you need a Ruger LCR in 357 mag. Or a S&W j frame. Or a Ruger Sp101or a CZ Rami or a CZ 75 or SP01 or a HK VP9 .

Yeah, you may want to consider a revolver in the picture. Everyone's taste in guns varies. When starting out we tend to gravitate to certain guns, for example semi-automatic pistols. Open your horizons to different flavors like a 357 Magnum revolver in which you can also shoot traditional 38 Special.

Ron

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
what do you need or are likely to use?

a smaller gun than the nano comes to mind......NAA Pug, S&W 380, etc.......something to carry as a 2nd gun to the nano to compliment it....not replace it..

a good 22 for plinking.....like a browning buckmark or Ruger MKIII

a 357 revolver......i could not make up my mind so i have multiple ones in 2", 4", and 6"...........

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
3,355 Posts

Browning Hi-Power ? ... I'm Canadian , I had to say that :lol:
Actually I was going to suggest a revolver as well , a big ol hand cannon might go well with what you have .
Good luck on your decision .

Reactions: arizona and larry

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Ever notice?.... There are no malfunction drills in existence for revolvers?
That's because if you're revolver malfunctions, you need a gunsmith.

How about a Ruger MKII or MKIII with a bull barrel and a scope.
I have scoped 22 LR rifles which may be as accurate.

Another vote for either a Hi-Power, or a CZ75...

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Go to your range and try a variety and see which one suits you best.
Most ranges rent them out. Everyone is different. Some guns fit some
people but not others. It's what you are most comfortable with.

Reactions: gunzilla

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Why not add a revolver to your collection. I own over 20 handguns and my favorite is my Ruger GP100 .357 Stainless with 4" barrel.
Even the 6 inch, a Ruger GP100 is a must, it's turning me away from pistols

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well OP, I noticed you have two autoloaders now, and I do understand the suggestions about getting a wheelgun, but are you leaning that way or another autoloader? You said your looking for something that you could carry anywhere, and a small framed wheelgun will work in a pocket well, but there are other options. What caliber are you looking for?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts