National Gun Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
That is indeed a sweet short barreled shotgun. Oh to have the disposable income such that I could buy such lovely toys! If I could afford it I would have a plethora of short barreled rifles and shotguns plus at least as many machine guns as Mike Dillon.

I think they do not give tours anymore. Over 10 years ago I was lucky enough to get a tour of the Dillon Precision facility. I saw all of the manufacturing of the various presses. Then they were branching into precision flying and waterborne models for movies and tv. Most of them were packed with explosives to give great flash and fire effects. The detail of the models was very impressive. Then the dessert after the great dinner. I got to look in the steel packing module Mike uses as a safe for all his 'toys'. Every full auto and belt fed you could imagine. They were just starting to do upgrades on the GE mini-guns. The GE patent had not run out yet. What they were just starting to do then in now Dillon Aero.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Oh to have the disposable income such that I could buy such lovely toys! If I could afford it I would have a plethora of short barreled rifles and shotguns plus at least as many machine guns as Mike Dillon.
I'm with you on that one!
Some people can't understand me, cause most guys my age are spending what money they have on video games....while I'm buying guns and ammo. :lol: Could this mean that I'm old fashioned? :biggrin5:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
video games?!? Since you are old enough to buy guns I do not understand your peers buying video games. When I was first old enough to buy guns there were no video games or even personal computers. I remember the Comador 64 and the 'Adam' as being cutting edge stuff. When I finally did buy a computer it was an Apple SE60. An engineer at work called me a "Power User".
I do not understand adult men playing childrens games. But then, these are the people who are of voting age who voted for a candidate with no experience, who could seem glib while reading a teleprompter and who is not even a citizen, to the highest office in the land.

No wonder we are in trouble.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
sorry Brewster, I missed that one. I think you are referring to " I am Legend" with will smith yes? The only movie titled " Legend" that I am aware of is a Mia Sara/tom cruise fantasy tale about Unicorns made long before "Top Gun".

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
sorry Brewster, I missed that one. I think you are referring to " I am Legend" with will smith yes? The only movie titled " Legend" that I am aware of is a Mia Sara/tom cruise fantasy tale about Unicorns made long before "Top Gun".
That's the one! Monsters in large numbers, having to attack through a narrow defile - lots of ammo required on tap . All susceptible to 12 gauge loads, but far more of them than a seven shot magazine could deal with. It may be a movie, but, hey, it could happen, right? Maybe with goblins instead of monsters. Or BGs, as seems to be the convention in these environs.

·
Registered
679 Posts
*Back to the Shotgun*

I have been thinking about a Saiga 12. You should check it out.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I have no money to buy toys. If I need more than what my 1100 holds I have my P14-45 with 15 per mag X 4 more on the belt or my Para 9x23 with 27 per mag with 4 more on the belt. So 75 with the 45 or 135 with the 9x23. Either beats the 20 rd drum. That takes nothing away from the TactiCool of a short barrel saiga with a 20 rd drum.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I do not understand adult men playing childrens games. But then, these are the people who are of voting age who voted for a candidate with no experience, who could seem glib while reading a teleprompter and who is not even a citizen, to the highest office in the land.

No wonder we are in trouble.
You've got that right.
Although I shouldn't have said "most guys my age", since most of the ones I've met are actually trying to make something of their lives....but they're not usually very concerned about what will happen to them in the long run, or how we should try to defend and protect ourselves and our country, or help the economy. I really can't imagine what goes through their heads all day....probably not much. :rolleyes: But I live in a pretty liberal area (for the most part), so what should I expect?

Sorry if I'm off topic here!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Well, when you build lots of them you kinda want something a little different for your personal gun.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
You should stick the Gears Of War logo to the front face of the drum.
Add some extra intimidation! :13:

·
love the UK envy the US
785 Posts
i think that suits the gun for the zombie scenario,i wouldnt want a skull gearknob on my people carrier but on a hot rod yes please.

·
Registered
679 Posts
good call on the logo!

Nothing says "I will not be a victim" like a semi-auto 12ga with a 20rnd drum donned with a bloody skull.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
dude look into fabarms. They have one that i have in mind that is 18 inches long overall!

·
Registered
450 Posts
For all you PG haters, have you actually fired one, or are you just repeating what you've heard? I have the Mossberg 500 cruiser. I changed the stock pistol grip to the Blackhawk (Knoxx) breachers grip. It has a spring that absorbs recoil. Now it isn't a hunting gun, or a skeet gun, but I could shoot it all day without a sore wrist. It has one purpose, and that's home defense. (as well as looking very cool)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Guns and more I have fired plenty of PG shotguns. I own 11 shotguns from coach guns to benelli's. I have never tried the pistol grip you are useing. But have had a pistol grips on both my Mossbergs and one of my 870's. My benelli tactical has a pistol grip/stock. I still believe a stock is the better option. For home defense I want something that gives me the most control and accurate shot. I don't want to miss and hit something I wasn't supposed to. I'm not saying PG's don't have a place, but in my opinion not the best option. Hey if the PG works for you Cool. But not for everyone. So I have shot plenty of shotguns. It's not all second hand info. Simply my opinion

61 - 78 of 78 Posts