National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good .357 loads? This week we're going to start reloading for my .357 and I want to try some that are a little less powerful, and some with real oomph! :p Rich has been making notes with his "reloading bible" (Modern Reloading by Richard Lee), and I wondered what you gentlemen who reload have come up with.

You got some to share.................

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I don't usually publish any load data on forums, but I will share a technique I have been using for a long time. I usually carry a strong 125 gr JHP as a defensive load. For practice, I have often used a mid-range 158 gr lead cartridge. I think it has similar recoil characteristics which add authenticity to my practice while saving a few bucks. I know a lot of folks don't like messing with lead bullets, but I use a good quality, hard lead projectile and have had minimal problems.

I don't mean to sound philosophical, but cleaning the revolver is part of the process, so I just accept it and try to enjoy the experience. But I don't usually take baths with it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Try some of these:
158 gr Remington HP- 15.0 grs H110
125 grs Remington HP- 8.3 grs 231

Both shoot extra good out of my Pythons. The 125s are reasonably mild on recoil and make a great defense load.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts