National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Happy new year to you too. And the rest of the great folks here. You grew fast in the gun world.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Nothing like a 36 gun safe to hold maybe 8 loaded ARs, eh? ;)

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Dayum, and i thought i was addicted to guns. You make me look like an amateur!

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Dayum, and i thought i was addicted to guns. You make me look like an amateur!
And I am going the opposite way - emptying out gun safes to get down to just a few high-dollar, high-quality guns

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Ah, you can’t see the whole door because of the collage. There are 6x loaded mags per caliber. Took forever to locate the last 12ga mag.

View attachment 109162
When my kids were 6-10, they would go through a brick of .22lr each in a morning - back when bricks of 500 were $8.

Even today, if I was paying for that ammo - mags like you have would be emptied in no short order - and I would most likely NOT get a shot off!!!! :cornut:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy new year to you too. And the rest of the great folks here. You grew fast in the gun world.:thumbsup:
Feedback from you guys on direction when I hit a crossroads has made it more rewarding. Here is a quote from me 2/7/2019...

My ocd is getting the best of me. I have no doubt it’ll be a vault soon enough... give me 2 years.”

·
Registered
13,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Even today, if I was paying for that ammo - mags like you have would be emptied in no short order - and I would most likely NOT get a shot off!!!! :cornut:
We all shoot, we all reload the mags. Thems the rules here, haha. Besides, when they shoot with me, I let them shoot the smaller rounds, .22, .223, 7.62x39 and I take the bigger calibers, .308, 12ga, etc... and we generally take turns instead of more than one at a time. If they are running .22, they can do what they please, dump mags, etc but .223 and 7.62x39 I’ve been pushing them for precision. Takes more time.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
We all shoot, we all reload the mags. Thems the rules here, haha. Besides, when they shoot with me, I let them shoot the smaller rounds, .22, .223, 7.62x39 and I take the bigger calibers, .308, 12ga, etc... and we generally take turns instead of more than one at a time. If they are running .22, they can do what they please, dump mags, etc but .223 and 7.62x39 I’ve been pushing them for precision. Takes more time.
No, the Marlin 15YN, aka Lil Buckaroo, single shot .22lr took 2-3 days to shoot a brick

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where does envy rank in the list of sins?
Brother, I’m barely scratching the surface. I am still green with envy of some of the toys I see in here. Honestly, I always go all out but it usually only lasts 3-4 months at a time. This has been one of most fun (and expensive) years of my adult life. Got to involve my friends, family and neighbors. What I have done here has quite literally started a small movement. I know of at least 75 guns that were purchased this year as a direct result of my influence, and that’s a good thing. I’ve got neighbors that owned “A shotgun” and are now armed to the teeth. Not only do they know how to handle them but can build them from 80%’s. My brother bought so many this year trying to keep up he just bought 2x 88 gun safes to hold them. Happy I got to share it with you guys and will continue to.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think I kind of slacked this year and only bought six. And a new upper.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,927 Posts
An eventful year. Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts