National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Live Free
3,756 Posts
I have a few Burris scopes. I am less impressed with their newer models, but overall they have given good performance. I do not have a Droptine, but I do have one of their newer Fullfield models on my .450 Bushmaster; it works well and glass is clear and sharp at all magnifications (2-7). I have a 4.5-14x42 Predator Quest on my CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel and I like it a lot, but it has a bit more than the droptine. Again, glass is clear at all mags and I like the reticle...a lot! My other Burris is an old 3-9 mounted on my old Ruger 77. It is a great scope, but it is 30+ years old, and Burris doesn’t make em like that anymore (too bad). All I know about that Drop Tine is pretty good for the price...make a fair hunting s ope that would give extended range, but maybe a little too much magnification for typical hunting.
Don’t know if any of this helps, but I certainly think Burris scopes are still pretty reputable products overall. I’m guessing you will like the Drop Tine, but I would recommend a few more dollars and go with the Full Field model. (y)

·
Aim true !
12,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
3,756 Posts
The fullfield do look good. I'll wait for them to get back in stock. (y) My son picked one of these for his 6.5 creedmore today. Konus Pro 4-16x50mm Engraved Ballistic 550 Reticle Riflescope 7277, Color: Black, Tube Diameter: 1 in, 23% Off w/ Free S&H
He also got a lb of Winchester 6.5 ball powder for it.
Never tried Konus, and i know little about them. Be interesting to hear how he likes it. That 50mm objective looks huge on a 1” tube. :oops: I may try some of that powder someday...but I really like 4350 with the Creedmoor, i would have to be very impressed to actually change...yes I am stuck in my ways...🙄

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,438 Posts
Konus. Proudly made in China. Across the board, quite possibly the best (for the money) of the Chinese imported rifle scopes. Remember, you usually get what you pay for.

·
Aim true !
12,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not 100 % sure yet. Leaning towards putting it on my 770 30.06.

·
Aim true !
12,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered my Burris. Went up a notch. A Fullfield E1 6.5-20x50mm

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I don't know about that model but I think Burris makes a decent scope. I like my Burris. It's sometimes hard to discern a really good scope from a decent one. You really need to compare scopes side by side. The glass will be clearer. It will be brighter and gather more light. The edges will be uniform and sharper. The controls will be easier to use and more precise.

·
Aim true !
12,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im thinking about putting the Burris on my .223. And the UTG i have on it. On my CZ 22WMR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts