National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week i came across an interesting advert in a local English newspaper here in Pakistan. It stated that a Long Range Rifle Shooting International Championship called The Cholistan Cup (Cholistan is a desert area in Pakistan) is due to be held here in December. The Championship aims to bring the best shooters in the country and potentially international ones too for matches to be conducted up to 1500 meters range. It should be interesting since such sporting activity is unheard of in Pakistan due to a number of reasons. Unlike the United States, we don't have much infrastructure to bring communities together for such events. It looks like things are changing in Pakistan for the concerned sportsmen. It should be interesting.

Shahid.

Sources: https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/10/opinion/sport-of-shooting-championed-in-pakistan/?_=6432143

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the Website, the matches on offer include:

F-Class
T-Class
ELR (1500m)
MR Rifle
Pistol matches and a bunch of other armature matches for kids and female participants including small bore rifle.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,923 Posts
I don't believe I'll make it. Its a bit far away and I didn't notice a BPCR 1000yd competition.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Max range match is 1500m for this championship as per the website, they are building a dedicated range out to 1800m. I think transporting a rifle from the US to Pakistan requires some time, especially to get import permits. Unless, someone is willing to lend you a rifle for the competition and you may simply fly over here. I think, this championship will be conducted again, every year.

I don't believe I'll make it. Its a bit far away and I didn't notice a BPCR 1000yd competition.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,923 Posts
BPCR = Black Powder Cartridge Rifle.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts