National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about another LoneWolf match barrel for my Glock model 32. It was standard 357 sig in stock form and I also have the Glock 40 caliber barrel so I can switch off.

I don't want to spend the bucks to buy two new match barrels and am debating which caliber to buy. The new barrel will allow me to use lead reloads if I choose to do so.

Which would you buy the 40 cal or the 357 sig???

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, my intention is to reload.

I know the 40 cal is a heck of lot easier to load than the 357 sig so that may be the answer.

I agree with your policy of not shooting reloads. I recently had a misfire, when loaning my 45 auto to a friend. It was my reload. The first time that has ever happened to me in 30+ years of reloading. Switching from a single stage press to the Dillon is part of the problem. Its easy to get into making bullets very fast with the Dillon and not be paying enough attention to each round. Easy to skip a step when you get interrupted and then go back to the process.

In this case the lead just jammed in the end of the barrel right next to the chamber and prevented round two from going in correctly. Damage to the gun was prevented and I leaned a hard lesson.
I will only shoot my reloads myself because I can recognise a misfire and the young man shooting the pistol did not. I will check all powder loads carefully in the future by either eyeball or weighing each round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts