National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guns are always locked up tight in the gun safe when I leave home.

What about ammo? I have mine in a garage cabinet, its locked when I leave town but not when I am around the area. Do you lock up your ammo?

I have no children living at home so thats not an issue. What about you?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Lock It Up! Comments??

Gee! This is a popular topic! ;) :? :oops:

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
LOL!! Well I don't lock up our ammo. Some is in ammo cases in the basement, and there's also a whole bunch in the walk-in closet upstairs. The only one that would be in our home is our 14-yr old daughter, and she's smart enough to know that it's not to be messed with...........

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SheNine said:
LOL!! Well I don't lock up our ammo. Some is in ammo cases in the basement, and there's also a whole bunch in the walk-in closet upstairs. The only one that would be in our home is our 14-yr old daughter, and she's smart enough to know that it's not to be messed with...........

Its funny, but I was talking with my neighbor that has five children. He was telling me about when he was young, they got some 223 and were trying to set them off with a hammer. Yep, one finally popped and two of them when off to the hospital! No permant damage but some scared youngsters and angry parents. Good reason to lock up ammo. Kids love to get rounds and show them off to friends.

I have seen kids toss them on the concrete, primer first to get them to fire, thinking they are like a firecracker. This is due to a lack of education! Growing up on the farm and exposure to firearms taught me that they are dangerous and you don't do stupid things with the explosive ammo.

G

·
Same here Sig232.
Two industrious rarm boys put a 30-06 round in a vise, used a punch and hammer to set it off.
They never forgot the lesson their dad gave them. Fortunately no one was injured, except the feelings of the lads.

G

·
SHTF ammo, non-carry handguns, and long guns locked in a heavy, bolted down cabinet in garage.

Carry guns in a finger activated safe bolted inside the door of the stereo cabinet.

It’s going to take lots of time, crowbars and a dolly to successfully steal my guns.

Time is my friend and not the bad guys.

Kids can try, but good luck.

My daughter knows better than to touch my guns, but she is still a little kid and I didn’t listen well as a kid so I expect she will not listen too.

·
Registered
658 Posts
No. And almost all of our guns are loaded in the home.
But no kids around anymore and few visitors to the home either. Maybe that no trespassing sign is working after all.
When the grand kids do come to visit it takes some time to collect them all and get them out of the way for them. Normally we travel to them.

G

·
Keep my guns locked up (most of them, anyway). The shells, well, I reaload so I've got MANY rounds stacked up in the office of my shop. -I :--- -I :---

1 - 8 of 8 Posts