1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,424 Posts
I was wondering what happened last nite. It said “ live PD” but the rescue show was on. I guess we can’t show how bad cops have to struggle sometimes to hold a suspect. How hard it is for a cop to deal with some of these citizens. Political correctness asshats.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Well we can't show people how hard it is to restrain someone who does not want to be restrained. I have been seeing a lot of comments on news stories about this and the liberals usually respond with they are trained and most people only weigh 125lbs etc. I aksed one person if they have ever tried to restrain a 5lb cat that didn't want to be and the response was they bite and scratch. Mine was so do people along with punch and kick.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Maybe we should be asking ourselves "What shows did they use, to replace the Cop Shows they pulled ?"

Well, I don't know about YOU guys, but I'd like to see "CSI: Arkansas"...

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
I remember when my dad was responding to a riot scene back in the early 60s. BIG black dude was bouncing a cop car trying to turn it over, with the two cops still inside. Dad's sargeant whacked the guy over the head with his nigthstick. Guy went down, got right back up, turned around and said "What did you do that for?". At this point my dad and the sarge had guns drawn and calmed down for a minute. His wrists were so big, the cuffs wouldn't fit. Around the corner was a Ma Bell truck and the guy gave them a bundle of phone wires to wrap this guy's wrists. It took 4 cops to place him in sideways in the back of the squad car, where he proceed to kick one window out. This was before tasers, so out came the nightsticks again.
Seems like nothing has changed since that incident

·
Premium Member
5,424 Posts
The nightstick was a great piece of equipment. If a cop really knew how to use one, he’d be a force to recon with. It was the first less lethal tool.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Properly used, a "Baton" is an awesome. Both offensively and defensively. The problem was, most would not learn the proper ways to use one or practice to become god at it.
A baton will do what an ASP will not.
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
The nightstick was a great piece of equipment. If a cop really knew how to use one, he’d be a force to recon with. It was the first less lethal tool.
My dad also had a blackjack, then a slapjack and "nippers"

Wrap that chain around your wrist, fit the two "T"s together and twist - you WERE going to do as your were told - I still have his

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
We saw and lived thru what "batons did for Rodney King" as applied by LAPD.

Meanwhile, I received the following "virtue signaling" piece of crap e-mail from Sam's Club two days ago:

To our Sam's Club family,

As I write you today, our hearts are heavy with the death of George Floyd, the many others his death has come to represent and the ongoing turmoil in the communities we serve. Since you are the reason we go to work every day, I wanted to take a minute to let you, our members, know where we stand.

As a company, we stand for kindness, empathy and respect for the individual. We believe racism is simply unacceptable. We know there is no easy answer to systemic racial inequality, but we also know that we must act and be part of the solution.

We commit to use our voice and influence as a company to fight for what is right, accelerate change, and show up for our communities, African Americans and other people of color.

On Friday, our parent company, Walmart, and the Walmart Foundation announced a five-year investment of $100 million to create a new center for racial equity in America. These efforts will be focused on the key systems of racial disparity: finance, healthcare, education and criminal justice.

We know this is just the beginning, and that now the hard work begins. Let’s move forward, together.

Thank you for continued support and for being such an important part of our Sam's Club family.
Kath McLay
Kath McLay
Chief Executive Officer, Sam's Club

I don't know if this was done as "insurance or investment " against future lootings from rioters or to just pat themselves on the back for their "self-assessment" of being so "woke" and socially responsible. I sent a response to their e-mail giving them a slight scold about suffering from undeserved "white guilt" and asking what prompted the e-mail, anyway.

They'll probably revoke my newly renewed membership, having acknowledged my reply.

All I want to know of Sam's Club - like all shoppers ask and wonder - is why they check shoppers receipts and even cards upon exiting the store when shoppers memberships were checked upon entering the store and the members card was scanned at the point of merchandise purchase. I could care less about their corporate center for racial equality where they will probably grovel for BLM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts