National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a kick out of taking my Taurus 8 shot 22 magnum to the range once in a while. It has a loud report and attracts attention at our indoor range. This used to be a round that we saw quite often but its darn rare to see them anymore.

I have a couple of other revolvers that have the convertible feature and you can slip in the 22 magnum cylinder. The cost of the ammo is at a high premium today but its a fun caliber to fire and is very accurate.

Do you own a weapon that will fire this round? Shoot it often?

Think its obsolete?

G

·
I have made quite a few good grounghogs using .22 mag. I own several rifles and several revolvers in .22mag and shoot and enjoy them all.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a Taurus .22mag pump rifle a NAA .22mag with holster grip which I stick in my pocket pretty often (It shoots better than you would think) and a single six that I purchased yesterday but havent got to shoot yet.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have a Taurus .22mag pump rifle a NAA .22mag with holster grip which I stick in my pocket pretty often (It shoots better than you would think) and a single six that I purchased yesterday but havent got to shoot yet.

I assume the Ruger Single Six you purchased has both the Long Rifle and Magnum cylinders?

I also have one of the North American Black Widows with both cylinders. That little gun has quite a bite to it and is fun to shoot also.

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
i want to get one of them 22 magnum revolvers made by Charter Arms...looks pretty badass

G

·
I have the new model single six (comes with a transfer bar so I can safely carry with a round under the hammer). It came with both the standard .22 and .22 mag cylinders.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I love that stainless single six. That is definitely on my list. The only 22 mag I have at the moment is a Ruger rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts