National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Typical Kalifornia Liberal Mooks still just never get it.

To the editor: It is disconcerting that some Americans have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic by arming up.
In these stressful and uncertain times, we have been urged to take care of one another through acts of human kindness and concern for our friends, family and those putting their lives on the line to keep us safe. Instead, some are prepping to kill.

A gun in the home increases the risk of homicide, suicide or unintentional shooting of someone in that home. A woman in a domestic violence situation is more likely to be killed if her partner has a gun. Storing the firearm safely (unloaded, locked and with the ammunition locked separately) can mitigate some of the risk.

These gun owners say they fear unrest. The irony is that they are the ones the rest of us have to be afraid of.

Loren Lieb, Northridge

The writer is board chairwoman of Woman Against Gun Violence.

To the editor: Firearms are a leading cause of death for children and teenagers. The vast majority of these deaths occur in the home.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself when it comes to arming ourselves against a social uprising. The chances of being a victim of gun violence increase greatly if guns are present in a home.

Gun owners need to be held accountable for safely storing their weapons, especially now that children are not at school.

Fiona Carroll, Mission Viejo

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-editor-buying-gun-stay-100011186.html

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I suppose these meatheads all slept thru the various L.A. Riots and other local chaos of the 1960's thru 1990's?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fiona is going to be left in the lurch, if she thinks her words are going to protect her from danger. Same goes for restraining orders for people.

People should understand that these tools are a last option, serve as a deterrent, and in times of danger, the only thing that saves people from harm or death.

Right now, many people are spread thin across the nation. Their main job is to keep the peace and maintain order. It’s up to the individual to protect his or her family and loved ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Remember that the LAPD was ordered to "stand-down" as the riots began.

What are the Police Departments being ordered to do in accordance with the new "no bail attitude" from the "sanctuary city" DEMOCRAT mayors? Any idea what will probably "transpire" when the torpedo gets launched?

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
To the editor: Firearms are a leading cause of death for children and teenagers.

​Umm, any fact checkers here? That sounds pretty far fetched to me.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,269 Posts
To the editor: Firearms are a leading cause of death for children and teenagers.

These idiots are simply repeating what they have been told, by their liberal masters. If ever the SHTF, these people will most likely be the first to die.

·
Barney
107 Posts
The thing is, no one is going to change their minds on how they feel about guns by some lady sending a letter to the editor. We all preach to the choir. We read what we want to read. We watch the news channel that tells us what we want to hear. Whoever agrees with her already agrees with her and anyone who doesn't isn't all of a sudden going to become anti gun because of her letter. I just never get too excited about it, I already have high blood pressure. Who cares what Fiona thinks? Frankly, sometimes I think that by getting all up in a roar over stuff like this is what they want. Like poking the bear in a cage, it's fun for them. Just don't give them the satisfaction.

·
Registered
696 Posts

Every time I here that I tell people the same thing.
The CDC tracks Cause of Death of every sector of people by age, color, etc..
Guns are actually far down the list. And get farther down the list the younger you go from 15. They are far more likely to die from being beaten by a household member or choking on their food. Bicycles, skateboards, drowning, car wrecks....
Everyday activities that we accept. Even the anti-gunners.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Barney
107 Posts

I've not fact checked it per se, but from the last statistic I read a year or so ago, I believe traffic accidents are at the top, and I think drowning and poisoning, poisoning includes over doses, are right up there with traffic accidents.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Fact: The Center for Disease Control, a federal agency, disagrees. According to them, in 1998, children 0-14 years died from the following causes in the U.S. 34
Fact: Children are 12 times more likely to die in an automobile accident than from gun-related homicides or legal interventions (being shot by a police officer, for example) if they are age 0-14. For the group 0-24 years old (which bends the definition of “child” quite a bit), the rate is still 8.6 times higher for cars. 35
Fact: In 2001, there were only 72 accidental firearm deaths for children under age 15, as opposed to over 2,100 children who drowned (29 times as many drowning deaths as firearm deaths). 36

Source: Gun Facts

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
That graph is from the CDC. 1998 was 22 years ago.

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To our "opponents", "FACTS" do not matter or have any value whatsoever. Don't waste your time or efforts fetching up "FACTS" for these bastidz!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts