National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Live Free
2,801 Posts
I tend to believe there are some significant risks involved with this virus, and it is especially dangerous to aged and weakened immune system for whatever reason. However it seems evident to me that this virus is politicized and/or weaponized to subdue the masses and manipulate the election since its timing is so fortunate in the latter regard. I wear a mask a little more often nowadays because I moved to a state which requires them in close public proximity. Otherwise, I simply keep a little distance and avoid most physical contact.
Much of this appears blown out of proportion for political gain in recent weeks after the initial scare and shutdown. And, of course, according to Dems, everything Pres. Trump says regarding the virus is touted as lies...but are slowly but surely proven true, thus making the politicizing all the more obvious.

·
Live Free
2,801 Posts
My thoughts:
  • This is a new virus. We don't know enough about it yet to be sure of anything.
  • I am getting really tired of people on gun forums thinking they are experts on this, when even the real experts don't know. There are a lot of uncertainties in life and this is one of them.
I agree, there is not enough known to be sure of anything regarding the virus initially, but that is changing quickly.
Like yourself and most others we quite naturally come to an opinion regarding the information before us. I have not heard any claims of expertise in this regard, just opinions of people whose lives are affected by this virus. True, it is a gun forum, and we have opinions. Some of us share our opinions, as do you, but we talk about what is affecting us, and we share our opinions. Get over it.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,279 Posts
they're playing it by ear and in the wrong key... they don't know WTF they're dealing with which is why so many different "remedies"

My thoughts:
  • I am getting really tired of people on gun forums thinking they are experts on this, when even the real experts don't know. There are a lot of uncertainties in life and this is one of them.
So, as the saying goes, "Here's your sign"
View attachment 117486
and your opinion is no better or worse.... just like anyone else here..it's an opinion

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
" I am getting really tired of people on gun forums thinking they are experts on this, when even the real experts don't know. There are a lot of uncertainties in life and this is one of them. "

I absolutely agree, I for one am no expert, i'm just a guy who's intelligent enough to see when I'm lied to openly by supposedly expert saying one day blue and the next green, ""Personally"" speaking it is my belief that there's something bigger under all this and what's being done far surpasses the danger of what ever it is. The question is WHY is the economy is being trashed, small business being bankrupted and our way of life being completely turned upside down when the real death toll probably rivals an ordinary flu. The numbers are so screwed up with it's hard to believe when I look around, number of infected peoples are being added to the total amount even if the same peoples are now well and back to work. I'm no expert but I do have a brain that works and I see those things and I want to know what's under all this cause it's obviously not all done for our health alone and please don't mention Trump cause there are WAYYYY cheaper ways to eliminate someone, ask a well known female political figure lol

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
It appears I'm not the only one that got their panty's in a bunch over jmf552's post. I was agreeing with it even the last part but felt insulted somehow. Some things should go without saying.

Whenever a legal question comes up some will say do not take legal advice on the internet and go see a lawyer. Do we now need to say never take any medical advice on the internet and go see a doctor. I don't know any of you. One, some or all of you may be a pimple faced 13 year old posting from your room.

I get on here to relax and see if there are any discussions I may be interested in. I like to read the opinion and experiences of others. Maybe post MY OPINION and experiences and you are free to ignore everything I say. I never claimed to be an expert on anything. Actually in my mind I think I'm an expert in many areas but never proclaim to others that I am.

Well actually I did at least once on tictok. Someone posted a video of them shooting in a prone position while being under instructor supervision. I commented that it wasn't a proper prone position they should be angled slightly. They said they had a pin in their leg and couldn't. Then others said yes it's correct, blah, blah, blah. Later I posted:

I must not know anything then. The military must have taught me wrong. I will return the ribbon I got that says I'm a small arms expert and remove it from my dd214.

People don't know my dry humor it was semi-tongue in cheek.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,950 Posts
I tend to believe there are some significant risks involved with this virus, and it is especially dangerous to aged and weakened immune system for whatever reason.
Absolutely true. However the same significant risks exist for those who are aged and with weakened immune systems, apply to the common cold and seasonal flu strains.

Those who are aged or have weakened immune systems need to be extra cautious and stay home. The rest of us ...... not so much.

Reactions: Viper123

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,950 Posts
The question is WHY is the economy is being trashed, small business being bankrupted and our way of life being completely turned upside down when the real death toll probably rivals an ordinary flu. The numbers are so screwed up with it's hard to believe when I look around, number of infected peoples are being added to the total amount even if the same peoples are now well and back to work. I'm no expert but I do have a brain that works and I see those things and I want to know what's under all this cause it's obviously not all done for our health alone and please don't mention Trump cause there are WAYYYY cheaper ways to eliminate someone, ask a well known female political figure lol
The issue isn't to get Trump out of office, it's to prevent him from seating another one or two Supreme Court justices. Democrats can put up with Trump for another four years. They can't allow a conservative justice to take Ruth B. Ginsberg seat, and shift the court even further to the right. Because it would be decades before democrats would have the very slim chance of moving the court to the left. If you look at the upcoming issues the Supreme Court will ultimately decide, (such as abortion, gun rights, school choice, immigration, Presidential powers, taxes, etc.), democrats have a lot to lose.

IMHO, democrats put themselves in the mess they are in, by pushing the narrative that Cankles was a shoe-in to be President. Ruth held off retiring because she thought Cankles would name her replacement. After the 2016 election, reality set in and democrats knew they were in trouble. Ruth isn't going to last another four years, especially since her cancer has returned. That is why we are being subjected to all this BS from the left. The riots/virus BS most likely wouldn't be happening if Ruth retired under O-hole.

Reactions: Viper123 and Kobs

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I can usually tolerate politicians I disagree with but all this corona stuff they're playing politics with is really pissing me off. Yes it is a life and death situation but with all the misinformation, skewed stats and playing fast and loose with the facts you really don't know for sure what's going on.

Covid-19 bad......YES
Save lives...........YES

We need to get the economy going or at least try and keep businesses alive. I am taking reasonable precautions as I am high risk too. We can't destroy this country trying to save us all from the virus. Not trying to sound heroic but I am willing to die to keep the country going. I'll be dead some day anyway and I don't want the economy and country in shambles. Even if I didn't have kids and grandkids I care about I like to think I'm American enough to do what I have to do to ensure this country does well after I'm gone. I am willing to give my life if necessary for the greater good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The issue isn't to get Trump out of office, it's to prevent him from seating another one or two Supreme Court justices. Democrats can put up with Trump for another four years. They can't allow a conservative justice to take Ruth B. Ginsberg seat, and shift the court even further to the right. Because it would be decades before democrats would have the very slim chance of moving the court to the left. If you look at the upcoming issues the Supreme Court will ultimately decide, (such as abortion, gun rights, school choice, immigration, Presidential powers, taxes, etc.), democrats have a lot to lose.

IMHO, democrats put themselves in the mess they are in, by pushing the narrative that Cankles was a shoe-in to be President. Ruth held off retiring because she thought Cankles would name her replacement. After the 2016 election, reality set in and democrats knew they were in trouble. Ruth isn't going to last another four years, especially since her cancer has returned. That is why we are being subjected to all this BS from the left. The riots/virus BS most likely wouldn't be happening if Ruth retired under O-hole.

This is one of the most astute assessments of the roots of the totalitarians current level of panic, I've yet read. The likelihood of having a Supreme Court bench which applies the Constitution, rather then 're-imagining' it, is terrifying to the demo-communists. This is why they (Soros) are pulling-out all the stops!

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Quote " Not trying to sound heroic but I am willing to die to keep the country going. I'll be dead some day anyway and I don't want the economy and country in shambles. Even if I didn't have kids and grandkids I care about I like to think I'm American enough to do what I have to do to ensure this country does well after I'm gone. I am willing to give my life if necessary for the greater good. "

^^^ Definitely This, my immune system is one of a 90 year old with the immune suppressant pills and remicade once a month and I wouldn't mind either, not that I give a damn about Canada right now but I can see where this is going and I can already smell hell and wicker basket for the entire world, Get us back on track and what ever happens can't be worse than what they had in the 1300 when nothing was done and bodies were rotting in the streets but the world survived

Reactions: Viper123

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,279 Posts
""Personally"" speaking it is my belief that there's something bigger under all this and what's being done far surpasses the danger of what ever it is. The question is WHY is the economy is being trashed, small business being bankrupted and our way of life being completely turned upside down when the real death toll probably rivals an ordinary flu. The numbers are so screwed up with it's hard to believe when I look around, number of infected peoples are being added to the total amount even if the same peoples are now well and back to work. I'm no expert but I do have a brain that works and I see those things and I want to know what's under all this cause it's obviously not all done for our health alone and please don't mention Trump cause there are WAYYYY cheaper ways to eliminate someone, ask a well known female political figure lol
It's not about a virus, not saying there's not something out there making people sick and killing people.. I find myself wishing someone could throw a leash around the neck of it chunk it in a cave and bury or burn the damn thing.. it's about the take down of America, whether it be thru the SCOTUS members as mentioned and/ or rioting. Most of the people I've seen doing all this rioting look to be young collage age. Soros and others have been planning the take down of this country for decades and is IMHO finally getting their wish. This country will never be the same. There's far to much hate, violence and false information running rampant and until we are again ONE NATION UNDER GOD we haven't a chance. Because of the swamp, the press, demonrats.and academia indoctrination of our youth we are fighting a battle that if not won in this election may never be won. Bleak outlook,,, yes,,, and possibly not one very far from truth. We can't physically battle the government with arms and expect to win. The dems are constantly changing the rules (law) and we had better get the upper hand on it ASAP
There's lots more where this came from but I'll shut up and let someone else have the soap box

Reactions: Kobs

·
Jesus Saves
7,799 Posts
" I am getting really tired of people on gun forums thinking they are experts on this, when even the real experts don't know. There are a lot of uncertainties in life and this is one of them. "
What makes you think the real experts don’t know about the China virus?

I’m thinking the real “honest” experts are being censored on al social media platforms.

There is a cover up. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Kobs said:

I’m thinking the real “honest” experts are being censored on al social media platforms.

[/QUOTE]
Your post says I said what's up their I didn't, I know it's the site's fault but I just wanted to say I didn't say it ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Trust no one, least of all experts.

Everyone has biases, and everyone makes mistakes, and experts tend not to recognize these in themselves. The more you know about a topic, the more likely you are to assume, justified or not, that your expertise overrules any bias or errors you may have.

I don't trust articles that don't site sources, and I don't trust studies that don't publish their actual data and research methodology.

·
Jesus Saves
7,799 Posts
Kobs said:

Your post says I said what's up their I didn't, I know it's the site's fault but I just wanted to say I didn't say it ;)
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct....I went back and will repost with correction.

·
Jesus Saves
7,799 Posts
My thoughts:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts