National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kolishnikov or stonner

ak47 vs m16/ar15

my vote is for the AR15. while not as idiot prof as an ak if you know how to use it you can make it super reliable

and just look at her. beauty is black

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmmm
punch vs. accuracy

I think I would still go Ak. Dont get me wrong, I love my AR but any gun that you can leave it in a hole filled with dirt for +40 years and dig it out and it fires wins my heart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
hmmm
punch vs. accuracy

I think I would still go Ak. Dont get me wrong, I love my AR but any gun that you can leave it in a hole filled with dirt for +40 years and dig it out and it fires wins my heart.
i agree its got the ruggedness and in the field id grab one if i didnt have MY ar for that reason but other than that. i love the ergonomics of my ar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a true kolishnikov and not a knock off is about 5-6 hundred and i can build a good reliable ar for about the same.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take my issue M4 over a typical AK any day. The controls are more ergonomic (except the charging handle), has a better trigger than most AKs, is easier to shoot well, faster to reload, more controllable in burst fire, has an adjustable stock (important with body armor), and is easier to attach accessories to.

The AK is more reliable, but we clean our weapons here and the M4 works fine.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
leeindy said:
kolishnikov or stonner

ak47 vs m16/ar15

my vote is for the AR15. while not as idiot prof as an ak if you know how to use it you can make it super reliable

and just look at her. beauty is black
Leeindy....I gotta have one of those sweatshirts.....help a guy out. Where do I get one of those?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just on what guns we grab during the bug out. but hey you grab yours ill grab mine and we meet at the winchester.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
leeindy said:
just on what guns we grab during the bug out. but hey you grab yours ill grab mine and we meet at the winchester.
How did I know this would get around to zombies?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I fall in the middle of the AR vs AK argument. I am a huge fan or the AR's but they do have their flaws. Bottom line on this is that both firearms have their positives and negatives. I could take either side of the argument and defend it well. ;)

-Derek

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have both and still like the sks, while the ak and ar would be great to repel boarders, the sks is as reliable as the ak and acurate enough at ar range to be effective.
the only drawback is capacity.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts