National Gun Forum banner

Khar guns

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont mean on the manufacture. I mean the actual guns.

Excellant
Good
Bad
Really Bad

·
Registered
283 Posts
Re: Lets get a review on Khar guns

I've had an MK9 Elite 98 for years.
Except for when I foolishly shot Wolf through it and broke the extractor, it's been as close to 100% as any piece of machinery gets!!
Kahr sent me the replacement parts free of charge and I had my gunsmith repair it. Took about a week.

G

·

I just started carrying a PM40 for my CC. It's been flawless with the 200 rounds I ran thru it. Time will tell.

G

·

the little ones are hard to control in 40 with out some kind of grip extension

G

·

Very nice guns. Great trigger. Wish they had a few models with high capacity magazines.

·
Registered
138 Posts

My wife has a Kahr CW9. It is easy to conceal. It is 3rd on her list of carry handguns after the XD SC9 and 239SAS (9MM). The recoil is more apparent than in the other two.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts

I'm looking for a serious review on the Kahr Arms Thompson. I'm seriously considering buying one after the first of next year. Bill T.

G

·
I was planning on picking up either the CW40 or CW9 in the very
near future (I haven't decided which yet). I'll write a review/range
report on it as soon as I make the purchase.

G

·
My MK9 is 100% reliable with all tyoes of ammo for the past two years.

I carry it every day and I bet my life on it.

G

·
My New Kahr PM9's Initial Range Report

The weather here a week ago today was absolutely perfect so I took my recently acquired Kahr PM9 9mm pistol out to the countryside for its first airing.

At first, I tried chambering the first round out of each magazine a few times by slingshotting the slide as I do with all my other handguns, before discovering, not all that surprisingly, THAT didn't work real well.

The noses of these first rounds were still visibly lower than they should have been and were jamming against the barrel feed ramp. I was having to cure that by tapping the butt of the mag each time to drop the slide and chamber the round. I then remembered that Kahr advises the best way to chamber the first one is by starting with a locked back slide and using the slide release to drop the first round into place. Problem solved!

Working out of one of Dave Ellerton's great KY Tac Braveheart IWB kydex holsters (http://www.kytac.com/page3.html), I proceeded to fire a total of 237 rounds of the fine South African manufactured PMP brand 115 gr. FMJ ammo I'd been hoarding with nary a bobble!

So far, it looks like this pint-size parabellum is a keeper!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Have the CW9. Had a couple of failures to go into battery when shooting off hand. Probably limp wristed it. Oter than that, it works well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts