National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn his pistols are accurate. But would you part with the $2,300 to buy one?

With all the clone 1911's around how do they stay in business.

Anyone own one of the Les Baer Customs??

G

·
You can get a les Baer for alot less,and it will still be accurate. My son has a Premier Tac II that is a tack driver. He paid around $1500

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brier-49 said:
You can get a les Baer for alot less,and it will still be accurate. My son has a Premier Tac II that is a tack driver. He paid around $1500
I think they will guarantee an accuracy level of 1" at 50 yards. That would be impressive if you could hold your hand steady enough to achieve that accuracy.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two Kimbers that I spent about $1,000 each on and they are more accurate than I am.

Now that I am retired I will not be buying any more guns in that price range. Wife has put her foot down and has me on a short leash.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I can't say anything against the Baers because I haven't actually shot one, but just having handled Baers as well as many other high-$ 1911s, the best one I've seen so far was the Springfield Operator TRP, that came through here yesterday. Absolutely a stunning firearm. The slide was the tightest/smoothest I've seen, the rail was blended so well into the bottom that it looked like it grew there, and it had grips like I have NEVER seen -- very hard to describe, but between them and the 30 LPI on the front and back, it had a more positive grip than I've seen ever. It has a heavy match barrel and perfect balance.

I've had several Kimbers, Wilsons and other premium 1911s through over the last few months, but the Springfield Operator was definitely the King of the Hill! ...and, as I'm sure you recall -- I'm NOT a 1911-Guy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts