National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you carry your defensive weapon on your left side either as a left handed person or in a cross draw configuration? How many lefties here?

G

·
I am a lefty!

I pretty much allways carry on my left side. The exception is when I am carrying my revolver in my front pocket. This is because I am so used to putting my keys and such in my left front pocket that I just stick the gun in my right front.

But I do practice shooting right handed with this gun so if I ever did need to shoot it right handed I can.

G

·
Is it hard shooting with your opposite hand? I'm a righty and just can't imagine what I would do if I had to shoot left handed.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do think it is good to try to train to use your weak hand to shoot in an emergency. If your strong hand is shot or injured and you need to shoot you better be able to figure out how to fire that weapon with the weak hand! :eek:

G

·
sig232 said:
I do think it is good to try to train to use your weak hand to shoot in an emergency. If your strong hand is shot or injured and you need to shoot you better be able to figure out how to fire that weapon with the weak hand! :eek:
+1

That is why I practice it.

For me it is more difficult that for a normal person as my right elbow was severly shattered and was put back together with lots of pins, screws, and a small plate. I have lost about 15% of the range of motion in that arm and it will not sraighted out all the way. So I am shooting with my elbow slightly bent which is totally oposite of how I shoot with my left hand.

It makes it very challengeing to hit the X ring on a target to say the least. But I am good enuff with it that I will stop a person if needed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts