National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range last week and a lot of my shots with my 9mm and 45 were left and slightly low of target. One issue I have is that I shoot right handed, but I am left eye dominate.

Any recommendations?

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
There are several charts on the web that give some insight when you're left/right, high/low, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Put the bullets in the target right and a little higher. Sorry I couldn’t resist. It’s your grip. You need to loosen your grip and position your finger pad on the trigger.

·
Registered
18,623 Posts
Practice dry-firing at a spot on a wall. When the front sight remains on the spot immediately after hammer fall, you'll have "Arrived". Working on "grip" (its effects), trigger "press" and sight follow-thru will get you there.

Tip: In case you are not familiar with the term, "breaking your wrist" means relaxing or tightening your wrist and forearm just before pressing the trigger.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
Shoot with both eyes open.

Not everyone can, i am one of those people. I also shoot with either eye and if i pull up a pistol to aim one eye automatically closes but it's not always the same eye. Strange i know. I have slightly better eyesight in my right eye so if i think about it i try to use that eye. I find no difference with using either eye except for the slight eyesight difference.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good feedback. Thank you for the tips!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shoot with both eyes open.
I am working on this. Problem for me is I Have fixed lens (Artificial due to Cataracts). I need reading glasses for up close but not for anything 3 ft or more away. I got a pair of safety glasses with 1.50 diopter on lower portion and clear (no magnification) on the upper part. I seem to do better when both eyes are open and and the sights are in focus but this makes the target blurry,

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

SteveJet and ZHills nailed it both eyes open (yes one eye hard habit to stop) and the chart supplied

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I had a problem similar that I just could not solve. I got help from a good instructor. 2 sessions and he solved the problem.
Sometimes we need help from a hands on trainer.
On another note when I saw the title of your thread. Left and slightly low, I thought you was talking about Biden

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
There are many things you may be doing alone or in conjunction to influence your impacting Off center. None of them are going to be properly diagnosed and corrected over the internet. Research your local firearms instructors and invest some time and money with one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts