National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Some CLP’s like Frog Lube work great on breaking up carbon buildup and keeping it from affixing to gun surfaces. When applied to a warm surface it bonds with the metal, I use it to coat suppressor baffles and it makes cleaning carbon out of rimfire suppressors significantly easier. I also use it on my 22LR revolvers and makes them much easier to clean.

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
Get one of these rags on the left. It will remove all the carbon you can get the rag onto. Works great for the front of the cylinders! For stainless guns only, it will remove bluing quicker than biden can remove the money from your wallet.
Font Metal Fashion accessory Motor vehicle Ingredient

·
Registered
Yes have some
29 Posts
I had been shooting my K-40 a lot lately, did the basic cleaning and break down. A bud told me he cleans his entire gun in his ultrasonic cleaner. I looked at him like he has frogs coming out his ears. Then he showed me how he does it, puts the gun in a freezer bag filled it with cleaning solution, drops in the ultrasonic cleaner tank filled with water. Then he sets the timer for 30 minutes. Pulls out the bag and the water in the bag was black preventing the dirty oil water from sticking to the inside of his tank. The gun came out looking like brand new, he broke it down and sprayed it with alcohol to get all the water out then oiled everything up. He has been doing this for several years and no issues. I tried his method on my K40 and wow no carbon dirt or crud were all gone. Even the spring and firing pin system was whistle clean. He does this once a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts