National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming up on 45 and figured it was time to finally bite the bullet. Haven't really done any shooting since doing some hunting as a kid. Hope to be able to do some fun hunting trips by the end of the year. I have a few friends who are avid hunters. Can't wait to get out of the house and office humdrum and into the woods.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Greetings And Welcome To The Forum

Howdy, Brush up on your gun safety. Hunting safety even more so. Don't pull a Dick Cheney.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy, Brush up on your gun safety. Hunting safety even more so. Don't pull a Dick Cheney.
Ha, yeah I want to avoid that. I'm also an Atlanta local.

Went through gun safety course when I got my ccp. Also watched countless hours of range safety and weapon handling videos. I'll tackle hunting next.

·
Live Free
2,897 Posts
Coming up on 45 and figured it was time to finally bite the bullet. Haven't really done any shooting since doing some hunting as a kid. Hope to be able to do some fun hunting trips by the end of the year. I have a few friends who are avid hunters. Can't wait to get out of the house and office humdrum and into the woods.
It is never too late! Good decision. Welcome from NW Iowa!

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,368 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Aim true !
10,359 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I didn't realize we were neighbors till you said something. You're near Mainstreet and Bullseye ever been to either? The NRA is currently in turmoil or transition but it's still viable and I recommend membership. In GA I also recommend joining either Georgia Carry or Georgia Gun Owners. I'm a member of both. Memberships can seem expensive but it's a bargain compared to losing your gun rights.

Did you make it to the big gunshow last weekend on the southside? I suspect our paths may cross we may even meet down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny you mention those 2. Actually went by both today looking for my lower and an El Camino suppressor but no luck with either. Guessing I will have to order it and FFL it somewhere.

Looked at Georgia Gun Owners and likely will join it will check out the others.

No, haven't made it to a show yet. Was it the one in Columbus? Use to live on base down there with my Dad. Will likely check out the one next weekend at the Fairgrounds since its close by, the prices usually any good at them?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,019 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Funny you mention those 2. Actually went by both today looking for my lower and an El Camino suppressor but no luck with either. Guessing I will have to order it and FFL it somewhere.

Looked at Georgia Gun Owners and likely will join it will check out the others.

No, haven't made it to a show yet. Was it the one in Columbus? Use to live on base down there with my Dad. Will likely check out the one next weekend at the Fairgrounds since its close by, the prices usually any good at them?
Not familiar with the El Camino but popped on the Bulseye site and they have a featured product.

Q El Camino .22LR

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Welcome from Florida! At 45, when you were born in Atlanta I was a sophomore at Georgia Tech..........................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts