National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I own some handguns "all tricked out" I find the pistols I would actually reach for have no added features. Having said that, I wonder why they seem to have done away with the grip laser (as opposed to rail laser). I find a rail light or laser or red dot just too much and in any emergency situation might/would be distracting. The beauty of the grip laser is, well just there. Yes, you might have to turn it on with a switch, but after that, it's fine. Yet they don't seem to be made anymore. Why? Am I that much of a throw back?

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
off-hand.....the rail mounts seem to come in a broad range of pricing.....they are one size fits all if it has a rail......and there are a lot of cheap ones out there especially imported. the same laser can be moved from gun to a different gun if it has a rail.

a grip style laser.......either the built in laser or an add-on to the grip......changes production to specific makes and models...not so much a one size fits all...therefore the price increases.

supply and demand.......and perhaps a lot of folks either do not like lasers or want to spend the bucks on a crimson trace.......from personal experience, they make a great cat toy, but not something that i really want to depend on.....been there done that with a bad experience.

Reactions: Kobs

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,464 Posts
they make a great cat toy, but not something that i really want to depend on.....been there done that with a bad experience.

Yep, with every shock and recoil lasers will move. It's a very sensitive piece of equipment not really meant to absorb shock or vibration

Edit:
Ok talking trough my @ on this one, looked for info everywhere and could not see anything on what I said above but logic tells me it shouldn't stay accurate for very long

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
They are all a distraction.
I have a streamlight with a laser and flashlight.
I never use the laser function, but have used the flashlight a time or two when things go bump in the night.

·
Jesus Saves
7,841 Posts
While I own some handguns "all tricked out" I find the pistols I would actually reach for have no added features. Having said that, I wonder why they seem to have done away with the grip laser (as opposed to rail laser). I find a rail light or laser or red dot just too much and in any emergency situation might/would be distracting. The beauty of the grip laser is, well just there. Yes, you might have to turn it on with a switch, but after that, it's fine. Yet they don't seem to be made anymore. Why? Am I that much of a throw back?
"Tricked out"? What does that mean?

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,464 Posts
Well a laser is a line.... guide.. of some sort loll

Reactions: Palancar
1 - 7 of 7 Posts