National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the little women wants lasers on her pistols....

Anybody run 1 EDC? If so, what do you like and dislike about them?

I only actually use 1 on the MSR for my daughter who lives the look, on my Accubow as a training aid, as a pointer in a few pens, and on my slingshot as a WAG of where the rock will not go.

She has a G2S (pretty color), EC9S (smaller), PT22 (throw it in my purse), and is looking at a 38 Special Bodyguard that already sports a laser.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
They are a waste of money and not worth the hype. You'll run into problems of dead/weak batteries, locating the "dot" in bright sunny days, and telling the bad guy where you are at night.

· Banned
1,116 Posts
They are a waste of money and not worth the hype. You'll run into problems of dead/weak batteries, locating the "dot" in bright sunny days, and telling the bad guy where you are at night.
This.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Green is the most visible and worth the extra money. I have mine adjusted so that it's just below the front sight at 10 yards so I have to slightly lift my line of sight to see it. You have to consider lasers as augmentation to sights and practice with it, as you come onto target or the threat your vision is focused on that and you will see the laser before the sights are even on target, as soon as the laser is on the target you can pull the trigger before sights are on target. If you don't see the laser so what, just use the sights, it's not like you took them off to mount the laser. Where a laser really comes in handy is low light situations or shooting from an awkward or weak shooting position.

Lasers don't replace sights and they aren't a gimmick, you have to train with them like anything else. There's a reason police and military units use them, they provide a tactical advantage when fractions of a second count.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.