National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Live Free
4,511 Posts
Those serrations are to enable factory machinery to "grip, rotate or move" the brass along the assembly line.
Yeah, I have seen many once fired LC cases like that. And that is not the only cases I have seen with mild serrations on the case mouth from the factory. If it’s range brass, then you don’t know what caused it, but if you know it is once fired, it is not really a worry. I have seen case mouths worse than that from Winchester crimping on .308 factory ammo.

· Registered
4,405 Posts
I've seen lots of brass like that. I don't know what causes that it could be chatter marks from a trim. As long as the brass integrity looks okay and meets length requirements I treat it like normal brass.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

· Aim true !
14,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok it should be fine. They who shoots it. Builds AR'S and test them where i find the brass. My son talked to him in the past. He does not reload. Just found this out. They look good. The primer pockets are not carboned up like reloads get to be. And the crimp is in them still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.