National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had a chance to buy a "ladysmith" revolver for a decent price would you buy it?
Would this model be an embarassment to you around your friends, would your image me tarnished packing this model?

They come, or did come , in a very nice satin stainless steel with Rosewood grips. Pretty slick looking revolver. But "Ladysmith" that kind of blows the macho image at the range.

How do you feel about owning one of these sweet looking little revolvers?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
If you think about it, it could just be a great defense tactic. Let the BG see that you have a LadySmith, he starts convulsive laughter and then you have him dead to rights!

Honestly, I'm confident and secure enough in my own masculinity to carry one...for a while...if I can't find any of my own handguns...but NOT the one with the PINK grips. Sorry...that's just too much of a leap for me.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
gunrnr said:
Honestly, I'm confident and secure enough in my own masculinity to carry one...for a while...if I can't find any of my own handguns...but NOT the one with the PINK grips. Sorry...that's just too much of a leap for me.
I'm hoping that means you're not one of those men that wears pink shirts! *shudder*.......

I don't care how stylish it's supposed to be, men SHOULD NOT be seen in pink!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I wore one once. Called it "salmon". Won a bet. Only time I wore it. Still hear about it 20 yrs later. Worth it? You make the call!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SheNine said:
gunrnr said:
I'm hoping that means you're not one of those men that wears pink shirts! *shudder*.......

I don't care how stylish it's supposed to be, men SHOULD NOT be seen in pink!!!!
Actually in an office enviornment I have seen many over the years. I have a dark salmon shirt and several hand made pink shirts that I have had many complements on. I don't wear them any more since I retired from the world of finance! No more suits and ties for me! I am done with that part of my life. Just jeans, T-shirts and inexpensive button shirts for me now. Comfort is the name of the game and pink is not in my T-shirt collection. I do have a bright yellow "Beartooth Harley" shirt that I picked up in Montana!

G

·
If it said Lady's Smith then I'd see a problem.
But it doesn't. It's one word.
And what's wrong with the term Ladysmith?
I look at it this way.

The term "smith" has for centuries been used to describe a craftsman.
A Blacksmigh crafted the "black" metals such as wrought iron and steel
A Gunsmith builds, repairs and otherwise works on guns.
A wordsmith is an author, poet or other person who is crafty with words.
A Silversmith makes things of beauty out of silver.

So what does that make a Ladysmith?

;)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I used to have one but traded it.
I wish I had it back. I saw a used one at the gun store the other day and started to drool but didn't have the cash.

G

·
SheNine said:
gunrnr said:

Aw shucks, I look purty in pink :D

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Wow, between this and a few others, I see some of our newest members digging up some of our oldest threads. Am I the only one to find myself scratching his head and saying, "Damn, did I say THAT?"

G

·
I wouldn't mind having one, but then I sometimes wear pink shirts. They are very popular for men in GA, especially during cherry blossom season.
And I ain't no snowflake :roll:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
SheNine said:
gunrnr said:

Hey, I get lots of compliments on my pink shirts, some of them from women.

And, no, I'm not 'Metro.' Although I DO like the old Nash:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts